24 | Join Me

Jungkook had received plenty of texts for Valentine's Day

Jungkook had received plenty of texts for Valentine's Day. His mother had sent him a sweet message. Mrs. Jeon also stated that she wanted Jungkook to tell him about their wonderful time at the family's Hampton home.

He sighed at the request. He had not let his family know that he was no longer with Taehyung. They should've guessed with all the photos Jennie posted of them, but maybe they chalked the posts up to a blossoming modeling friendship.

Jungkook was not ready to tell his father he was no longer in a relationship. He couldn't trust what he would do if he found out. Furthermore, Seojun grew to like Taehyung. They had golfed at his dad's country club and had even gone to a basketball game together. Jungkook had come to grips with the fact that Taehyung was loved by his family. He knew that one day, he would have to break the news to them that Taekook was over.

Jungkook also got a text from Jimin. He hadn't told him that he went to  Taehyung's after the club.

He checked the rest of his messages. And one stood out. It was from an unknown number. He clicked on it to see the entire message. And what he saw caused his hands to go weak and he dropped his phone on the kitchen floor.

He took a deep breath and exhaled. Then, he bent down to pick the phone back up. The cause of his consternation was a video that looked to have been taken in his office. A human figure could be seen walking around, touching all of his belongings. They wore black pants with a black hoodie. They had the hood on and a black mask. The person stepped in front of whoever was operating the camera and brought a knife up to their neck as they enacted a throat slashing. Then the video was over.

He called his dad. Mr. Jeon told him to call Taehyung while he would contact the detective. How could he bother Tae with this crap on Valentine's Day?

Seojun contacted his private investigator and the detective handling the case. Instead of meeting up, they spoke over the phone.

"Kook, could you put Taehyung on, please? I'd like his input," Seojun requested.

"I didn't call him dad. He's been so busy, I didn't want to bother him."

I just left him and he has a date with someone else.

He couldn't say that out loud.

"Aren't you guys at the Hampton house?" Seojun asked.

"No, something came up and we never made it."

"No bother. I'll give him a call. He's not too busy for you and you know that. After all, it's Valentine's Day."

"Don't Dad. We had a fight and he may still be angry," Kook blurted out.

"Oh no. Well, when you think he's calmed down, have him call me." Seojun directed everyone's attention to look at the video.

Seojun continued, "Guys, I'm wondering if these two people work for the company. How are they getting in the building if they don't work there?"

The building's security guy chimed in. "Sir, I don't think they have a key to get in. Only 4 keys are available to get into the main building if locked. I have one. You have another sir. My assistant has the third. And there is one in the secret location that only you and I know of. Oh and there is a fifth one-but that's with the locksmith we use. I've checked the location of the hidden key and the is still secured."