27 | Shacking Up

The couple rode to the Jeon Building together

The couple rode to the Jeon Building together. Taehyung wanted to be with Jungkook for a few minutes after he made it to his office. He didn't want to smother him, but wanted to be there to support him just in case he needed him. Then, he had to get information from Landon before heading off to a photo shoot across town.

"Babe, are you sure you'll be able to handle a full day's work after the weekend's events?" Taehyung asked him as he was holding his hand in the back seat of his SUV. The security detail was sitting in the front with the driver.

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry. You need to concentrate on your photo shoot," Jungkook said, squeezing his hand.

Ever since the runway party, Taehyung-the-model had been landing plenty of jobs with Landon's help. The phones had started to ring off the hook with brands wanting his look for their ads. Landon had also scheduled shoots with a couple of magazines. Taehyung didn't stay for the duration of the runway party, as he was arguing with Jungkook. His absence made him elusive and thus, more desirable.

As Taehyung thought of that evening, all he could feel was heartache. He spoke to Jungkook in a manner of disrespect he had never used on anyone. He promised himself that he wouldn't hurt him anymore.

"I can cancel it or push it back if you need me to be with you today." Landon would be pissed, but modeling was not a priority for Taehyung.

"No need. There will be so much security there, I'm sure I'll feel suffocated before the day is over. Dad has security all over the place. I'll be good. But, I'll miss you." Kook smiled.

Tae gave him a peck on the lips.

They made it up to his floor without incident. That made Taehyung feel better about leaving him.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to come to work and grace us with his presence," Jimin said as he met Jungkook at his elevator, grabbing his crossbody bag and jacket.

Jimin looked at Taehyung as he walked with them toward his office and whispered "Why is hottie walking with us?"

"First of all, you can't whisper. I'm sure the entire floor just heard you. To answer your question, he's here to support me. Emotionally."

Taehyung heard their conversation and smiled. He didn't engage because all he could think about was scanning the floor to make sure there were no threats to Jungkook.

They all made it to his office. There was a security guard at his door and another that had gone in ahead of them to scan the office.

"Can I get any of you coffee? Or anything else?" Jimin asked.

"Yes, I'd like an iced coffee. Just get the usual, please. Make sure to get coffee for the guards. Oh yeah, and get me a blueberry scone," Jungkook requested.

"Will do. I'll be right back."

"Do you feel ok Jungkook? Being here in the office?" Taehyung asked. He remembered how creeped out he was at the delinquents being in his personal professional space on that video when the building itself was shut down.