14 | Is It Working?

The state of New York was 4th in the USA for the number of sex trafficking cases for the year 2023

The state of New York was 4th in the USA for the number of sex trafficking cases for the year 2023. Though there were three other states with higher rates, California, Texas, and Florida, 414 cases for the first quarter of the year is extremely high.

The state of New York had been trying to actively catch what they call those who practice prostitution or sex purveyors. Working to eliminate the demand side would help the cause tremendously.

There had been a statewide effort to end this form of slavery. Though their prostitution laws seemed lax, prostitution had been put in the same category as trafficking. In doing so, it increased the jail time for workers and those who paid for their services.*

As Taehyung sat at the Jeon Building at the modeling agent's office, he thanked the heavens that he was no longer a prostitute. He had been looking for a way to stop Jungkook from paying him and he finally found a way. Jungkook didn't like it but he had agreed to their more lax arrangement. So instead of being a prostitute, he's now a man whore. Not sure if that's better. But at least he didn't have to worry about breaking the law.

He was trying to come up with a way to give all of Jungkook's money back that he paid him. He's not going to like it but he felt it in his heart that he needed to return his fees paid in full. It felt like the right thing to do. Taehyung wasn't sure how he'd do it, but it was a priority.

He smelled some delicious cologne and as he looked up from his phone, there was the god himself. Jungkook was standing in front of him with a smile on his face.

"Hey you," Tae said standing up to hug him and to kiss him on the cheek. Kook was getting better with receiving his affection outside the boudoir.

"Hey yourself. You look good," Jungkook complimented him.

"The outfit is compliments of my guy friend," Tae said with a wide smile.

"Well, I'm glad I got to see you in it. Are you waiting for the agent?"

"Yes. I'm a bit early. I've just been sitting thinking about what the hell I'm doing actually interviewing to become a model. This is not something I've ever aspired to be."

"I know. I saw your kiddie forensics lab," Kook said with a light chuckle. He sat down beside him in the waiting area.

"Yes, you did. And you've gotten to know me a little. When you see me, does the way I carry myself say 'model'?" Tae asked.

"Well, when you first showed up at my apartment for the second interview, you looked like a model. And you're not arrogant or anything, but you carry the confidence that a model needs to make it in the industry. I'm not trying to talk you into signing today, but you'd be great at it. And by the way, they will try to force you to sign today. If you don't mind I'd like to look over the contract first. Just to make sure everything is on the up and up."

"Wow. Look at Jeon Jungkook caring about me." Tae flicked his chin.

"Don't let it go to your head. I work here and these agents have to be watched. If you work for Jeon Seojun, as an agent or manager like myself, you have to be cutthroat. But that's the entertainment world we live in. So I know how these agents are. I want to make sure they aren't making promises they can't keep. This is our best-run department, but still, I'm skeptical."