35 | I Want You To Go

They were on the subway when Taehyung's phone rang

While he talked on the phone, Jungkook was watching him intently. He wasn't ready to jump back into his arms, but Taehyung was stunningly handsome. And with the gun and the badge...

Do I have a cop kink?

"That was your dad on the phone. I texted him once I found you. He wants the two of us to meet him at his house. He says it's some final debriefing. He has news from the private investigator," Taehyung explained.

"Does my dad know that you're a detective?" He asked.

"No," he answered. "Not yet. I plan to tell him soon. I would appreciate it if you allowed me to tell him. He needs to hear it from me."

"Sure."

Why don't you keep lying to him like you did to me?

They got off the subway and then took an Uber to his parent's house. His mom greeted him at the door and hugged him tightly. She was basically squeezing him.

"Oh my God, Kook! I was so worried. I thought that those monsters had gotten to you," Mrs. Jeon expressed.

"Mom, they got caught. I'm fine," Jungkook said, trying to calm his mother's nerves.

"Sweetie, where have you been? We've been trying to reach you," his mother asked.

"I've been out and about. Just enjoying my day-playing hooky from work," he said while putting on a fake smile.

"And thank God for Taehyung for finding you," Mrs. Jeon said as she gave Taehyung a side hug.

"Yeah. Thank God for him," Jungkook uttered barely over a whisper. Taehyung caught his sarcastic tone.

He kept his eyes on him. He knew Jungkook was still angry.

Seojun had stepped out of his home office along with the PI and joined them in the massive living area. He asked everyone to have a seat.

"So glad to see you're safe Jungkook. And thanks to you, Taehyung, for finding him. His mother was a mess earlier when we couldn't reach him," Seojun said.

"No problem at all," Taehyung said.

"Well, I've invited the detective to join us. He's on his way. We will just start with what he already knows and will continue once he gets here," Seojun suggested.

The private investigator began to reveal what he had found. "As you may know, I've been looking into the short and long-listed guys from the agencies. A name popped up frequently. This guy's name was Anderson. Seojun and I both figured at first that this was the guy who was harassing Mr. Jeon here. Turned out, of course, he wasn't. But the name kept popping up."

He continued, "So I started trailing a guy named Daejung. I believe we now know him as Sehun. Well, Sehun was a newbie. I couldn't figure out why he was working for the agency but didn't seem to mind that he didn't get many jobs. And then, we found that he was associated with this Anderson person."