30 | One of Her Shooters

Sundays were usually days of relaxation for Jungkook

Sundays were usually days of relaxation for Jungkook. This day would be no different, even though his life seemed to be spiraling. With his enduring all he's been through, the opposite of relaxation could be expected. He was not in denial. He knew he was in a state of quandary, where he had many fires burning at one time.

There was one main fire that had consumed him the night before. A coworker had been mistaken for him and was shot. The stalker situation seemed like it would never end until he was killed.

Everything else that troubled him was job-related. His career had always been fast-paced. But, now he was going to be representing one of the most popular new bands in the states. His father suggested he continue for a year with Trial Date before Seongyoon's department took over. He had new groups coming on board as well that he and his department had been working on forming. Leading his department would be more challenging now in the next twelve months.

Then, he was worried about Seongyoon. He had made it through surgery but had been placed in ICU. Just in case the attackers would try to come after him, Jeon Seojun hired guards for the Choi family. The detective thought that maybe Seongyoon saw his attacker. If the shooter found out that he was still alive, he or she could come after him. Seojun had assured his mother that he would do all he could to protect them and find the shooters.

With all of these uncertainties weighing him down first thing in the morning, his Sunday relaxation began when he looked at the face of one person who was not an uncertainty. The man he loved was facing him in bed.

"Good morning, handsome," Jungkook said with a slight smile.

"Morning. How'd you sleep?" Taehyung asked.

"Really well. You certainly know how to cater to a guy. You made me a bath to soak in. And then massaged my sore muscles. How could I not sleep well after all of that pampering?"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it all. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I love taking care of you."

"I've learned that about you. And, sometimes I feel guilty." Jungkook surprised himself with the admission.

"Guilty about what?" Taehyung asked, looking concerned.

"You do all this stuff for me and it seems that I don't reciprocate."

"Don't feel guilty. Relationships aren't to be based on doing things for each other out of guilt. I care for you because I want to. You owe me nothing in return but to let me love on you the way I know how."

"Is there something that I don't do for you that you want me to start doing?" He asked with sincerity.

Taehyung looked to be in deep thought for a moment or two.

"Actually, you can do something for me. You can get anchored," Taehyung requested.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked.