19 | Clientele

Taehyung could only recall that song's lyrics sung by Beyoncé

Taehyung could only recall that song's lyrics sung by Beyoncé... "To the left, to the left...." from the song Irreplaceable. He felt like a toy that a child is done playing with or has grown out of.

What happens to toys when people are done with them?

He had made future plans with the guy that hired him as a prostitute. He thought they both were falling in love with each other. Kook had said he didn't know what he would do if he lost him. But, Tae thought it looked as though only he was suffering.

He was a walking zombie. He hadn't eaten and had barely slept for a couple of hours. He had stayed up with his sister and told her the news. She encouraged him and asked him to not give up on Jungkook. Taehyung got her to the airport first thing in the morning.

He felt like an empty shell. Jungkook had wounded him so badly that he couldn't cry. He had turned him into a wounded animal who needed critical care. He knew that only love could hurt like this.

Even though he saw a break-up coming, he tried to do everything he could to hold off the inevitable. He had experienced romantic splits before but this one was different. This was a big love. Big lust. Big friendship. Big fun. Big heartache.

Taehyung had been warned by Yoongi to not get involved with Jungkook romantically. But, it was after the night of their second interview. By the time he heard his boss' advice, it was too late. He was already attached to him.

Taehyung did not know beforehand what would transpire that evening of the second interview. For some reason, Taehyung felt drawn to him that night. Maybe it was the nature of the conversation coupled with the alcohol. But, by the time he had to leave him, he wanted to stay forever.

And he had never felt the same. At least he didn't think so. He could tell Jungkook was falling for him. And he also knew it scared the shit out of him. The vulnerability and the lack of control are what he feared the most. With the added threat of being rejected, his fears were heightened. For these reasons, Taehyung tried to reassure him whenever he could. And for this same reason, Jungkook pushed him out of his life.

And now, the chips had fallen and he didn't know what to do.

But before he could continue to wallow in misery, he had to talk to Yoongi. He was on his way over to speak with Taehyung in person.

"I'm sorry to hear this news, Tae. Maybe he'll come around?" Yoongi tried to comfort his friend.

"I want to at least try to get him to change his mind. I'm gonna go over today. It's Sunday. The day we usually sleep in and just have a lazy day." He slumped down into his couch and sighed.

"I was always afraid this would happen, at first. But, then seeing the two of you together caused my fears to dissipate. You guys seem meant to be Taehyung. Usually, I'd tell you to move on and count your losses. But I believe this guy loves you. I've seen him stare at you when you weren't looking. There was a gleam in his eyes."