37 | Good Night, Baby 👅

"So, what does all of this mean?" Jungkook asked

"Jungkook I want to share some details with you. But you have to promise that you won't share them with anyone. And, I mean no one. Not Jimin, not your family members, no one. I asked permission to let you in on this detail because it kind of concerns you."

"I'm not drunk enough for this shit." The seriousness of their conversation so far had sobered him up. He wished he could text Jimin and have him bring him another beer. But he had put his company out after Taehyung started to share these dismal details with him.

"Well, I don't want to scare you. But, long story short, Sehun will be let out of jail for about a 48-hour period."

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat and then he looked like he went comatose.

"Don't be alarmed because he will have handlers on him. Like tons of qualified operatives. We are using him in a major job as an informant. Mainly, we want to know who killed Ansha, whom you knew as Anderson. And we also want to know about a big move that's happening this week or the next. All of my work has been leading up to this March date."

"I thought that Anderson committed suicide?"

"That's what The Ice House wants everyone to think. But upon questioning Sehun and Kira, we got enough details to search for and were lucky to find an old phone of Ansha's. Our forensic team broke into the phone. In it, Anderson had typed up notes that were cryptic, but telling. He left receipts. So far, it's been damning information for both houses."

"I had no clue that all of this was going on. I mean, I watch true crime shows and see this stuff on the news, but not in real life. People being kidnapped or snatched and taken to a basement to await being sold in a sex or labor market? This is all too much. I thought I had problems." He really wanted another drink.

"So, I'll have to have guards again? To protect me from this Sehun person?" He asked.

"You will, but it will be me and a few others from the precinct. No outsiders. You won't even know they are around. We don't want anyone to know that you are being covered. Once the wrong person finds that out, then there will be questions. You'll pretend nothing is going on. Especially at work."

Was any of this real? This sounded like a movie he had seen before. Could he trust Taehyung after what he did to him? Is he telling the truth?

"Is this some sick game you're playing just to be around me all the time?" Jungkook asked, giving him the side eye.

"Absolutely not. Jungkook, it's only for 48 hours. You can't be around me for 48 hours?"

Not without wanting to sleep with you.

"So, when does the clock start?" Jungkook asked.

"He gets out tomorrow morning. So, would you like for me to come in the morning, or are you comfortable with me spending the night?"