Chapter 10

Ava

I had an on-off night. I recall crashing out almost straight after my call with Zoe. Then had the weirdest dreams about Him. I think I'm a bit obsessed about him even though I am trying hard to fight this. There is nothing other than his sexy torso, brooding eyes and dark mop of hair that I like about him. I am saying so far his personality is not winning me over. Not that I am looking for anyone to win me over or a romance. I'm not even looking for a fling. I want to get over Mark and besides that, I am in no position to have a relationship out here. It just wouldn't work, not with me living in Chicago. What's the point? 

 Although as I laid in bed during the early hours, I did find myself touching myself at the thought of him. I couldn't stop thinking about his lips on my lady-flower, licking and biting me. It made me throb so badly I had to satisfy myself. My nipples were erect and I just wanted to sit on his face. I relieved myself on my fingers almost instantly then couldn't sleep as I beat myself up mentally.

I mean he comes across as arrogant and lofty. The way he smiled at me on the lounger, I was torn between slapping the smile right off his face and throwing myself on him. Straddling him and letting him take me to heaven and back. I know he could. He definitely has a lot going on for him in the junk department I can only imagine. Right well, first of all I have a day to get on with and secondly I've woken up grumpy from lack of sleep and fantasizing about a strange conceited man. Not the best mix for my start of the day. I'm also hungry not a winning combination. I have to get coffee. I don't fancy using the kettle and instant that's in my suite. Quickly I tie my hair up into a loose topknot and throw over an off the shoulder orange burst t-shirt and my white frayed, denim shorts. Where are my flip flops? I search the other side of the bed. Nope. I look under the bed nope. God I am getting really frustrated. This is exactly what lack of sleep, caffeine and an orgasm over a stranger that I don't even like can do to me. That and the knowledge Mark has already hooked up with Charlotte. I mean really? Is he serious? We were going to be married. I am insulted, hurt and feel like such a failure. All at the same time. How could he replace me so quickly? Or maybe he was already seeing Charlotte? His perfect companion I think snidely. That's not me. I am not a mean or bitchy person. However, right now. I'd quite happily scratch her eyes out and cut off his junk. 

Found them. In the bathroom, how I managed to kick my flip flops off in there is beyond me. That doesn't matter. What does matter is I make my way down to the restaurant or terrace. Terrace I am thinking, where it will be nice and cool and have a decent, strong espresso. I am already salivating at the thought of caffeine lacing my veins and some nice breakfast to satisfy my growling stomach.

Of course I grab my camera on the way out the door. I never go anywhere without it and the mountain views are spectacular. I can then plan my day properly. Once of course I can function. I  head out the door closing it quietly behind me, take a left and head for the door at the end of the marble floored corridor that takes me to the stairs. Since I am only a couple of flights up there is no point taking the lift. That would be lazy. 

This morning a different woman sits on reception. Equally as beautiful and exotic looking with skin the colour of roasted hazelnuts, dark hair in a ponytail and the same red lipstick. Perhaps it is some kind of brand colour they all have to wear. I am piqued, later I may ask for the make and shade. Okay so I don't wear a lot of lipstick but it's so red and so sparkly that I feel I ought to. When in Spain

She smiles at me. "How did you sleep?" She asks, I love her accent it's beautiful. It makes me want to be Spanish. 

"Not too bad. Thank you." I refrain from telling her about my climax in the early hours of the morning. I won't even tell Zoe when we chat later. I am dying to find out how her date with Nate has gone, I wonder if she took him to bed. Zoe doesn't tend to wait. She prefers to, as she says, "find out if you're compatible before you get your heart involved." It makes me smile because I am the polar opposite. I have to get to know someone first, if the sex isn't that great well I can live with that.  

"Will you be having breakfast in the dining room or do you prefer the terrace? Either is fine." She tells me whilst continuing to smile. She too has brilliant white teeth. Reminder to ask what brand of toothpaste they're all using around here. 

"I am heading to the terrace, thank you." She nods.

"Enjoy." She then busies herself with her keyboard and screen. I can hear her fingers click-clacking away as she types. The phone in reception rings. I make my way out of the terrace, marveling at the giant terracotta alibaba style ceramic planters with stunning plants in them. They are so big, almost as tall as me. I'm five-six, you know about medium height. Mark used to say I was the perfect height for him. That he loved how my head rested on his shoulder and he could cradle me into him like the perfect package. Well then, what the hell is he doing with Amazonian, long-legged Charlotte? That's what I want to know. She isn't exactly going to fit into his shoulder. More like the opposite way round. I ought to try not being such a bitch, it doesn't suit me. I clearly need that coffee and something in my stomach. I am definitely hangry