Chapter 13

Sebastian

I never usually come down here for breakfast. In fact I rarely start my day with anything but a green smoothie then an intense workout after a run. Only this morning, I am hoping to catch a glimpse of the American Girl. I'm not sure after our last encounter if she will even entertain me asking her to dinner, let alone speak with me. I have butterflies in my stomach at the thought of speaking to her again. This is unlike me. Usually I am confident and straight forward, yet with her. Well it all seems so new, exciting and I am actually a little in awe of her. Does that make me somewhat scared of her? Possibly.

Now, however I am caught on the phone. My father is calling an urgent meeting and he wants me to fly down to Malaga where we have an issue with one of our new projects. It is our largest hotel yet here in Spain. We have branched out to other countries but there is nothing like the one we have planned in Malaga. It will become our signature hotel. He is on the phone stressing and all I want to do is try to find my beautiful American Girl. 

Maybe she doesn't eat breakfast? What if she has gone to the gymnasium or maybe she runs. She does look healthy and like she takes care of herself so it is a distinct possibility. I hear my father on the other end of the phone. "I need you to be on site. I heard you cancelled your tour. Mind telling me what exactly is going on?" His voice is irate. I am trying to be patient. He doesn't often act like this. Ordinarily my father is a very peaceful and tranquil man. He never loses his temper but right now I can hear nothing but stress in his voice. 

I am trying to concentrate on our conversation yet distracted whilst I look across heads of people to see if I can spot the American Girl. "We have a major issue over there with the opening because of the water situation we will be delayed. On top of that I have been advised that there are issues with the penthouse suites. Are you aware of any of this?" 

I can see the elderly Scottish couple, they come every year. I wave and smile politely. I remind myself to ensure my assistant has some champagne and flowers sent to their room as a thank you for their loyalty. I am pretty sure it is their ten year anniversary with us. On top of that I think they should be offered dinner for the remainder of their stay on the house. I am known for my generosity. I pride myself on it in fact. 

They wave back, their happy faces mean the world to me. There are many things in this life you can buy but loyalty isn't always one of them. 

"No I was not made aware there was in issue with the water service in Malaga. What is this about the penthouse suites?" I glance to my right where I can see a family of four eating their breakfast filling the place with laughter. The two children, a boy and a girl can only be around six and eight years of age. It fills my heart. One day with the right woman, my forever woman I hope we will have a family. Personally I'd love nothing more than a big family. I envisage long lazy afternoons on my ranch I own with us all sitting around the long twelve seater table on the terrace and listening to our children splashing in the pool and running around us happy. 

"I thought you were running this project." My father demands. Okay now I have to give him some attention. He is not young anymore and the last thing I want is for him to have a heart attack or stroke. 

"I am. Of course I am. Juan never told me anything about these issues papa." Juan is our project manager and he is good at his job. He has overlooked many projects and builds for us over the last fifteen years. These issues my father is telling me about, they should have been brought to my attention. 

"Well get on to it will you and get yourself on the next flight out of here." He ends the call abruptly. I stand still staring at my phone. I don't want to leave here, not right now. I have to find the American Girl with her luscious hair, smoldering eyes and a body made for passion. To leave now would mean I could miss her entirely. What if she leaves before I can get back? What if this is a short stay and she moves on? Now I need to know. Only how do I approach my desk and find out who she is without any good cause. It isn't something I can do, it would be abusing my power. I inhale deeply. Then from the corner of my eye I see a movement. I turn my head to the left where the terrace is covered in shade and the umbrellas are up. 

I squint. It is her. I can see her. I hold my breath and forget to breathe. All thoughts of Malaga and the issues the development is having are right out of my mind. My stomach flips, I can feel the butterflies going wild. What do I do? How can I, Sebastian Garcia be so nervous? What if she slaps me and causes as scene. It wasn't as if she made any attempt to disguise how much she didn't want to speak to me yesterday. 

I've not been this nervous since I was an eleven year old boy and wanted to ask Maria Sanchez to come on a picnic with me. Maria and I had grown up together, our families are close, everyone thought we would be sweethearts through our school days and beyond. We were. For a while until Xavier came on the scene and stole my girl away. Maria and I are still friends. The best of friends especially that we have something that binds us together forever. 

I watch as she takes a sip of her coffee. Her lips make contact with the china cup and it takes all my strength not to go to her straight away and run my thumb along her lips. The luscious lips I want to feel on mine. My heart is racing, my throat is dry. This is all new to me. 

American Girl looks up and our eyes meet. I cannot read what hers are saying but they are intense as she stares into mine. I feel the rush of heat from my loins, passing through my stomach and I take a step forward. Her eyes do not leave mine, it is as if she is daring me to approach her. So I do. Only I could risk a slap in the face and a scene.