Chapter 19

Sebastian 

I am nervous. I have never been nervous to go on a date with a woman before. Not ever in my life. Yet I am. The amber liquid swirls around in my crystal glass, brandy is needed to calm my nerves. Whilst I try to ascertain exactly why I have a fluttering sensation in my stomach I knock my brandy back in one, just to take the edge off. Even the mountain views from my wrap around balcony do nothing to pacify me.

She doesn't know anything about my life, who I really am and the secret I have. The same secret I have managed to keep from everyone except my parents. I try to dismiss it but it's difficult to do. It is such a huge part of my life that at some point I am going to have to let it out. 

I am considering pouring myself another drink but check the time. It's already nearly half past seven so I need to make my way downstairs to my car and driver. My heart begins to race at the thought of seeing the American girl again, it flutters at the thought of spending a few hours with her. I adjust my sapphire cufflinks and give myself the once over in the long antique mirror in my bedroom. Quickly I run my hands through my mop of dark hair and consider myself ready to go and meet her.

"Good evening sir." My driver Pedro says as he holds the door open for me. I have already notified him of where we will be going. The restaurant is nestled amongst the hills of Santa Fe and will take us around thirty minutes to get to. 

"Good evening Pedro. Let us wait for the lady." He raises his eyebrows slightly. I forgot to mention I would have company. He nods and remains standing with the door open until the American girl comes down. I am ashamed to say I already know her name is Ava because I checked the rooming list. To be honest it is my hotel and I am always on top of who is staying with us. I like to keep abreast of our guests and if we have anyone famous coming in. It is not uncommon for our hotel to be a secret hideaway for many celebrities who are looking for luxury without compromising their privacy. 

Then I see her. She is a vision in white wide bottomed trousers that show off her stunning legs and accentuates her small waist. Her orange silk blouse shows off her auburn hair that she is wearing down. I want to stroke her hair and remind myself tonight is a no touch evening. I do not want to rush anything with the beautiful woman who comes towards me. I watch as her hips sway gently and feel a stirring in my loins. Deftly I clasp both my hands together and place them in front of my centre and beg my mind to calm down my budding erection.

"You look stunning American girl." She half smiles, it is my intention that by the end of this evening she will be smiling broadly and perhaps even laughing.

"Wow a limo." She states. Pedro places a hand out to assist her getting into the car. "Thank you." She says to him and sits herself perfectly behind the driver's seat. Her legs are tucked to the left and she reaches for her seatbelt. I nod at Pedro who makes his way to the other side of the car and holds my door open for me. 

"Thank you Pedro." I get inside and duck my head as I do so. Sometimes being six foot tall can be a hinderance. 

"You have a driver?" She asks and ensures that her hands are firmly clasped between her legs. Is this my opening to tell her exactly who I am or will it scare her away? She checks her seatbelt is in properly and I wait for Pedro to slide into the driver's seat. He checks his rearview and I give him the nod to pull away. The car is silent as he begins to drive around our centre fountain and make his way for the iron gates at the bottom of the hotel's entrance drive.

"Thank you for joining me. It is an honor that you will dine with me this evening." I smile at her and see her move slightly in her seat. Is she actually trying to shrink away from me? Strange she openly accepted my invitation. Now I feel even more nervous. Trust me when I say, I am anything but a nervous or hesitant man. Her lips are pushed together in a tight line. This doesn't look too good. I hope she isn't scared of me.

Santa Fe Billionaireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें