Chapter 57

Ava

The impact is huge. I mean I never could have expected how much my life is about to change. Not really.

"You have a wedding to plan, Girl." Zoe reminds me. Like I need reminding. My entire focus has been on the wedding. My mother of course wants to invite all her friends, all my friends, all our family and wow well that would take us to a huge number of two hundred and fifty people. I'm not sure about that.

Sebastian and I have four weeks to go until Bella comes to live with us. Am I nervous. Oh. My. God. I am so nervous. She knows about me, Sebastian has had the call with her and told her he had some very important news to tell her. So he left Chicago yesterday, precisely two days after he had arrived to fly straight to Marbella where Bella is currently living with Marissa.

"My little girl is so excited to come to live with me. Ava I cannot tell you how much this means to me and for you to be by my side. I know already you will be giving so much up. I cherish you." He kissed me fully on the lips and then had to leave. He was flying direct from Chicago to Marbella to be with Bella for a few days before then heading back to Santa Fe.

In three days he will leave for Japan. Do I miss him already? Yes of course I do. Every time I am with Sebastian, I feel even closer than the last time. It leaves a dull ache in my heart and chest when he isn't by me. I guess this is the new love that I have found. It is deep and pure and I am so happy that I have my second chance.

After Mark leaving me lacking confidence and not wanting to go out anywhere least of all with my best friend, Zoe to another club or bar I am grateful. So grateful to have been given another chance. We have a long way to go to know each other better, Sebastian and I but the journey will be fulfilling and to meet Bella in a few weeks enhances the happiness I feel.

"Er are you there?" I hear Zoe at the other end of my mobile. We're not face-timing today just on a regular call. "Earth calling Ava." I laugh.

"Yes of course I am here. The wedding. Right."

"I know but if you both have set a date for December, that gives you just six months to plan."

"Six months should be more than sufficient time, Zoe. It's not like we are planning a huge wedding. Sebastian and I want to keep it simple." I tell her whilst rummaging through my rucksack. Whilst Sebastian travels back to Marbella to see Bella and to fill her in on me, I am taking a short trip to New York and to speak with an agent about my book project.

"And how exactly does your mother feel about you having a small wedding? Where by the way are you planning on having it?" I can tell by my best friend's voice that she is so excited to finally be a maid of honor to me. I wouldn't choose anyone else and my father is so proud that he will be walking me down the aisle. I had half expected my parents to be slightly reserved about me agreeing to marry Sebastian and take on a stepdaughter but they have rewarded me with nothing but comfort and support. I can't tell you how much that actually means to me.

"Well she still thinks she is inviting two-hundred and fifty people to the wedding." I laugh then find my wooden hairbrush, the one I'd been looking for, it had managed to get shoved right down to the bottom of my rucksack. It's hot here in Chicago today. The summer can be pretty relentless and I am already feeling like I need another shower.

Zoe is laughing too. "Right. Well good luck with telling her she's looking at less people."

"We're considering getting married in Spain. It is after all Sebastian's and Bella's home. I'd like to be married there and here in December it is going to be damn freezing."

"Ooo I can't wait. Let me know when we're going bridesmaid dress shopping." I pause and lay my rucksack to the side and then sit down on my bed. I'm back at the flat I share with Zoe only she has been staying with Nate since Sebastian flew in, hence our conversation phone-to-phone. In fact my mobile has been hot property ever since I have announced to everyone that we are planning on getting wed. My left ear feels like it is burning.

"I'm not sure right now, lovely." I say. "I have to work something out and plan what I'm looking for first. I've got the trip to New York. I booked a flight out later this evening."

"Wow. Did you get an agent already?"

"Yes. Sorry I haven't had time to talk to you about anything other than the big news with Sebastian." I laugh. The last forty-eight hours really have been a whirlwind. He and I have chatted endlessly until the early hours about how our lives are about to change and the wedding. It may be that I need to delay the wedding only Sebastian is keen to get that ring on my finger. That makes me smile. I feel loved, wanted and adored. I continue what I was saying.

"Yes, I had sent some images off and the idea to a few agents when I was still in Spain. And the other day I received a response. An agent wants me to meet with her to discuss it and see more images. I said that I could fly to do a face-to-face."

"WOW." Zoe sounds really impressed. "My bestie is going to be published. Ava, I couldn't think of anyone more deserving than you."

"Listen, sweet I have to get packed up. I've a flight to catch. Let's talk some more when I've landed in New York. Give my love to Nate. You'll be next." I make kissing noises down the phone. Zoe returns them and we hang up. I hug myself because all of a sudden from the girl that was ditched not that long ago, to this. Well let's just say it's been one hell of a rollercoaster.