Chapter 25

Sebastian

I can't even focus on my assistant talking to me. My CFO is running through figures and my project manager is staring at me. I've only just realized and all because my mind is on her again. I can't get Ava off my mind. It is unlike me to be distracted especially by a woman. I am focused, passionate about my business and always commit to my staff. Yet here I find myself being glared at by the three most important people to me in my business. 

"Sebastian are you with us?" Pedro my project manager asks. He is short with tousled dark hair, the deepest brown eyes that almost look black. Right now they look black, I can imagine since he hasn't had my full attention he is least impressed with me. 

"I'm with you. Malaga. I need you to go down in the jet tonight. My father wants someone on site to find out exactly what the hell is going on with the water and pool situation down there. The infinity pools." I add to be precise. 

"We were just discussing that but you were miles away." Pedro says patiently as if he is speaking to a child not the CEO of the organisation. I inhale and try to uncloud my mind of thoughts of Ava and her perfect body, her slim neck that I want to kiss all over down her chest and to her nipples. I feel myself twinge and adjust the way I am sitting to allow some comfort to the soft bulge forming in my pants. 

"So it's not a problem then?" I say now focusing on the business, my hands folded in my lap to hide any suspicious activity and thankful that the dark wood of the boardroom table avoids any insight as to what's going on in my pants right now. I exhale as I feel myself beginning to get back to normal. Damnit. The last thing I need is a distraction. I have a multi-billion dollar business to run, a project that is at risk, a new project about to take off in Japan. 

My assistant clears her throat. "Is there anything you need Sebastian." I know she is wondering why I asked her to call Ava this morning and have breakfast brought up to her and my car to be on hand for anywhere she wants to visit today. I had hoped last night at dinner that Ava would have agreed to go out on a picnic with me. I'd loved to have been able to show her around and taken her to a secret spot I know amongst the mountains nestled up high, a small clearing where you can have a panoramic view of the mountains, some goats mingling around and sheep. I can't lie. I was more than disappointed when she had refused point blank and made it even clearer to me that, as she put it off men for a long time

I have to work on building her trust only it's a bit difficult when the other person has point blank refused to want to have anything to do with you. I am hopeful she will use my car and driver today and see Grenada and all that it has to offer. 

"No thank you. I'm fine." I tell my assistant and smile. She has been with me for a few years and knows me inside out. I can already sense she is dying to ask me about the breakfast and the dinner, but won't. She always remains professional even though I know she has a massive soft sport for me.

"Do you need me to run through the figures again, Sebastian." I look across to my CFO. Isabella is a stunning looking woman, high cheekbones, blonde straight hair, hazel eyes and you can tell she works out. A lot. I respect her for her mind, the way she handles my business and even though she has a high ranking role in my business, she mixes well with everyone and never shuts herself away in her office. Isabella runs our family days and organizes trips and events for our employees. The employees love her. 

"No that's fine Isabella. You can just ping them to me later and I'll take another run through. To recap we're all set. The business has not been affected by the risk factor to the Malaga project. Finance is all covered to start with Japan. We've covered everyone's bonuses for the year and there are no HR issues." I glance at all three of them who nod simultaneously. I continue. "Pedro you are flying out later this afternoon and will meet with my father on site in Malaga. Anything you feel you cannot handle give me a call. Other than that I think we're all covered." 

Pedro and Isabella make their move to leave, I notice that my assistant Elena has remained seated she's almost glaring at me with her narrowed green eyes. "Elena, is something up?" I say. 

"Nothing up with me Seb only I'm wondering what you're up to. Your calendar is blocked out for Malaga for today and tomorrow followed by the start of the hotel tour. What should I change it to for today or are you actually taking a day off?" I laugh simply because that is the most preposterous suggestion I have heard of. Me. Take a day off? That is laughable, only it wouldn't have been had Ava said yes to the picnic. "You are going on the tour aren't you?" She asks narrowing her eyes. She's on to me. I know it, I can feel it.

"I have a few things I want to attend to. Delay it by a day. I should be ready then." 

"This hasn't got anything to do with our guest Miss Ava Gardner has it by any chance?" I am almost taken back by her bold question. Elena has never questioned me on anything in the past. I don't want to admit that I've let my guard down and find myself blindly attracted to Ava, nor do I want to lie to my assistant. We have a trustworthy and respectable working relationship. Besides I am definitely no liar. 

"I knew it." She says blowing out air. "I just knew it." She leans back on her chair and folds her arms neatly in front of her chest. "She's a guest Sebastian. What on earth are you playing at? Or do you know her from somewhere else? Only I've already Googled her based on the information she provided and she's a travel vlogger." I feel a bit hot under the collar. I have a few rules. 

1. Never fraternize with my employees

2. Never get involved with a guest. 

3. Never let my guard down again to a woman.

4. Never let anyone know the secret that only my parents know. It's guarded and it's mine.

And there you have it. I've broken rules 2 and 3 just like that and I am beside myself as to how I've allowed that to happen. 

"Oh Sebastian. What are you going to do? You know you can't get involved with a guest. More than anything it sets a really bad example to your employees." 

"Don't you think I already know that." I rake my long fingers through my mop of hair and undo the top button of my crisp white shirt. It's hot in the boardroom isn't the blasted air conditioning working? It is. It's me. I feel ashamed of myself for wanting to get involved with a guest but trust me it was so hard to resist Ava. She is the most beautiful woman I have seen. Everything about her, the way she moves her hair behind her ears, the way her eyes shine when she talks about her photography. Her defiance and stubbornness when it comes to finding love and passion again. And all of that from just one date. Probably my last date come to think of it. Now I've got Elena crawling all over me like a hot rash about the situation. 

"You are not to mention this to anyone understand me." My voice is slightly more abrupt than I intend it to be. She nods.

"Of course not. What do you take me for Sebastian? Only really, you need to stop. It's not fair on Ava. You'll not see her again once she leaves and I happen to know she is leaving for Malaga in six days time." My brain starts to go into over-drive. Six days. I have just six days to convince her to spend more time with me. I want to spoil her and fly her anywhere she wants to go, show her the beauty of my country and the colorful people, the fortress villages and share their history. I want to share the tapestry of my life here in Santa Fe with her, to learn more about her and her life. Who her best friend is, what her favourite movie is, what she likes to do other than photography. There is so much I would love to share with my American Girl. And only six days to convince her otherwise.

Alternatively I could fly down to Malaga. Stop it. That would look like you are stalking her. That is not something you do. Inside I am mixed up. Maybe it is for the best Ava leaves in a few days. I don't have the time to be in a relationship, I can't be without telling her my secret and then she might just decide I am not the man for her. 

"Block out my schedule Elena please for the rest of the day and tomorrow." I stand allowing her to know we are finished with this line of conversation. Elena stands and raises her eyebrows before saying, "don't get involved Sebastian. Ava is not one of your high-end I want to bag Sebastian Garcia type of women." With that she turns swiftly and flounces out of my office. 

She is right, of course she is. Ava is everything these other women are not. She is genuine, caring and a true woman who is independent and wants nothing from me.