Chapter 76

Ava

Well that all went too quickly and now I have mascara smudged all over my eyes from crying so much after dinner which mom managed to make in record time. She's already talking about Thanksgiving. I'm definitely coming home for that and Sebastian can put an army of bodyguards on me if he needs to. Although I am sure by the time November comes round, Mark will have moved on. Hopefully.

Thanksgiving is one of my most favorite times of the year. We all get together and my mother's sister and husband come over with their now grown-up children, Louisa and Denise. It's always a really warm and fuzzy time of year. Zoe comes too but later as she always holds a Thanksgiving dinner for her special clients who don't have anyone at the time of year. She's so kind hearted and has never missed a Thanksgiving for them. This year she will have Nate to help her and that makes me feel warm inside. The thought of someone standing by her side.

I hugged my parents like there was no tomorrow and Zoe before Liam announced it was time to leave. I wish that I was going to be seeing Sebastian under a brighter cloud than the one I am currently under. Liam takes my suitcases that we brought over from mine and Zoe's apartment earlier and my rucksack. I carry my portfolio. I know he's not going to harm it in any way but I am very partial to taking care of it myself.

As we travel in the limousine to the airfield I take in the tall buildings of Chicago, the apartments on the way out of the city. The trees, the sky everything. It seems so surreal to think that I am moving on to the next chapter of my life. I'm a bundle of nerves to be honest because if things don't work out, I have absolutely no back-up plan. I've gone into this new and very sudden relationship feet first. Just like Zoe said I ought to do. Live for today. Tomorrow may never come. Butterflies are fluttering away inside my gut and I almost feel sick. No. Let's get that right. I do feel sick.

The nerves are in over-drive. My parents and Zoe had waved from my folks house until they could no longer see the limo. I frantically waved back and then turned around with tears running down my face. Liam politely gave me a white starched handkerchief with the initials SG on them in black embroidered threat. Really?

The car pulls to a stop and the driver and Liam step outside of the limo. Liam comes to open my door whilst the driver starts to remove my luggage from the back of the vehicle. It's getting so real now. I'm scared, frightened, nervous and a touch excited. What about Arabella? Oh God, I hope she will like me when she finally meets me face-to-face. And what about Sebastian travelling? I already know he has a rammed schedule, his assistant, Elena had shared it with me yesterday so I can be across his movements.

I'm guessing then that it'll be an ultra-quick hello on my arrival and then a day later, Sebastian will start his travelling. Instantly at the thought of that, I feel lonely in my heart. I'll be in a new country that is about to become my new home and nobody to be with whilst he is away. That saddens me some. It's very different moving to another country, another continent than going on holiday. Then you know you're going back to your life, the people you love. But this is entirely different. For a few seconds I wonder if in fact I have made the right choice. I thinks that is perfectly normal, right?

I hear Liam's voice, "Ma'am are you ready?" Of course I'm not really ready. I'm still smarting because I wanted the two weeks I thought I had left, but Mark. Well he put a stop to all that. I hope Sebastian is handling him and doing something the fuck about it.

"When I see you next time, Liam. If there is a next time which I hope I don't need a bodyguard again. Please call me, Ava. Ma'am just makes me sound so old." He nods.

"Aren't you coming on with me?" I ask him as he stands by the car as the driver takes my luggage up and meets with the flight attendant and the pilot.

"Not on this one. You'll be perfectly safe on board." He winks. Did he just wink at me? Blimey.

"Well, look thanks for taking care of me. I really appreciate it. With you and Dillon I've felt very safe. Take care, Liam." I give him a peck on the cheek and he blushes slightly. Aww. It's been a long time since anyone has ever blushed in front of me. It would have been Mark when we were about fifteen and we kissed for the first time. I immediately stop myself from thinking about him and how our relationship was once, what I thought to be perfect. If only I could go back and tell my fifteen year self a few things or two. However, we can't turn back the clock can we?

No looking back as I make my way up the stairs to the jet. The attendant greets me. She is immaculate in her navy uniform of a jacket, skirt and pale blue blouse with a neck scarf. Which is red and emblazoned all over it is Sebastian's logo, SG in gold. Small little logos, actually I quite like it, it's right up there with a Gucci scarf. I may need to ask him for one.

"Good evening, ma'am." She says smiling and displaying very white teeth. I think everyone who works for Sebastian must share the same dentist, any brighter and I'd need my sunglasses. Seriously! And the ma'am business, it's driving me nuts.

"Ava." I say and extend my hand. She nods and shakes it.

"Welcome aboard, Ava. We'll be leaving shortly. Please go ahead and make yourself comfortable and I will be along to see to what you require."

"A coffee would be good and some water." I tell her as I duck and go inside the cabin.

Oh. My. Fucking. God. It can't be? It just can't be. How is this even remotely possible. But I guess it can be.