Chapter 72

Sebastian

My blood is boiling to the point I am so fired up I could punch a wall. It is not often I lose control like this but that man, he needs to be dealt with before anything happens. I know of men who have hurt their ex partners, stalked them and harmed them. It is an insane world and I am frightened for Ava.

At least with my detail providing security for her, the man would need a shotgun to get past her bodyguard. You would think it would help to allow me to sleep better tonight, only it doesn't. I need to have Ava here with me in Spain, like yesterday. Not in three weeks. Besides, I am craving her. I am craving her lips crushed against mine, our bodies together and her warmth underneath me.

Even with all these thoughts of my American Girl I do not become aroused, my anger is so fueled that sex is the last thing on my mind. I will be viewing the ranch and meet with the current owner later this morning. Elena, my assistant has done well to narrow it down to just three ranches for viewings. However, this one I am planning to look at, is perfect. Likely I will dismiss the other two.

It's over 100 hectares which I know sounds huge. We will have an equestrian centre for ourselves and I'm considering running a riding school for under privileged children. This is something I know Ava will like, it also means that Arabella will have more children around until Ava and I can start our own family. There is already a large pool on the property with a summer house nestled in the woodland area for extra shade during what can only be termed our brutal summers. We will grow our own vegetables and have our own stock. There is much we can do with such land.

It is my intention that we run a project with the local schools for children to visit and enjoy farm life, animals and participate in activities. Like I have said before, we always give back. Always.

It is the early hours of the morning. I received Ava's message at two a.m and needless to say I have not slept since. It's now five and my usual time to rise. There is a call I need to jump on with my project manager in Japan. The trip is looming and now more than ever, I do not want to leave. There is so much going on here for me with Arabella coming to live with me in a few weeks, Ava coming to be with me too, which fills me with excitement and our flagship hotel in Malaga opens now in just two weeks. I still have to ensure that I can attend the opening and wrap up my visit in Japan.

As early as it is and for most people they would still be fast asleep, luckily I know my assistant, Elena will already be on her second cup of coffee this morning. Talking of which, I could do with a black, strong coffee right now too.

Padding into the large open space, I pop a pod into the Nespresso machine and wait for it to fire up, whilst scrolling through my messages. Ava should have landed in Chicago by now and be in the car with her detail to her parent's house. I have instructed her, under no circumstances is she to leave their house until the morning. She is to stay the night with them and the detail will be waiting outside. For good measure, I have organized Liam my head of detail to be take over in a few hours-time.

I scroll to Elena's number and press the call icon on my mobile as I wait for the coffee to filter through to my cup. I'm wearing just boxer shorts, it is already very warm this morning. It'll be another extremely hot day, reaching apparently thirty-eight degrees.

"Morning boss." She says, her voice awake. I happen to know that Elena is up at around four a.m does a Pilates or yoga workout before our regular touch base around five or five thirty a.m. I then head out for a run of about five miles before I get myself ready for work. Elena runs too, and it never ceases to amaze me how much energy this woman has. Being in her early fifties she is far fitter and fitter looking than your average twenty-five year old. She has stamina and grit and it exactly what I need in an assistant.

"Have you booked me direct from Tokyo to Malaga?"

"Of course. Do we need to change it?"

"Yes. I'm thinking let's cut Japan down by two days, bring me back to Santa Fe. Ava and Arabella are moving in with me in three weeks, so I need the ranch ready for them. I'm going over this morning to meet up with the owner, shake hands and you can take care of the deal going through. I also need to be in Malaga for the opening."

"Sure, no problem, Sebastian." She's efficient as always. I can trust her with my business and my life. My coffee is now ready and I take a sip. It's hot and strong, just like I enjoy it.

Walking through the open space I enjoy the coolness of the marble under my feet and head back into my bedroom to start getting ready for my run shortly. "I want to spend three days wrapping up in Santa Fe. Ensure the penthouse is locked up for me but keep the cleaning staff running every other week. I'll use it as a base for when I want to be at the hotel." She remains silent waiting for further instruction. "I'll need you to organize all my clothes and personal belongings to be at the ranch in two weeks. Please make sure the sale runs smoothly so I'm ready to move into the ranch the week before the girls arrive. I want them to be able to move straight in. Ava will need assistance with packing in Chicago. She's already started but has a lot on. So, organize the removal company for her please Elena and ensure they pack too. I don't want her to have to do anything. You already have her mobile to establish contact."

"Anything else, Sebastian?" I think. I've probably covered everything for now. "She will need the jet and she has a detail with her right now."

"Is everything okay?" She asks concerned.

"Yeah, nothing major. Her ex is being difficult. For tonight she is at her parents then back to her apartment to start getting things ready." I put my phone on loudspeaker so I can get into my running shorts and vest. I take another drink of my coffee that I've placed on the antique French dresser near the bed. "I've got her covered until she gets on the jet back home here to us." I like the way that sounds. Home. To Us. It has a good ring to it. My mouth forms a smile, the first one since I received Ava's texts about Mark.

"You're leaving for Japan day after tomorrow, is there anything else you need before then?"

"Not that I can think of. I'm at Mirabella's with Arabella. I plan to spend two quality days with my daughter before I head over there. Keep across my messages and email and block these two days out. I know you have to move quite a bit around and I apologize for that."

"It's not a big deal, Sebastian." She assures me. Only I know it is. It's not easy being an assistant and having to rearrange schedules last minute. Not with the volume of call meetings I have booked in over the next two days. There isn't much room for maneuverability over the next four to five weeks but she has the magic assistant touch, so I know she can handle it.

"If you finish early later take some time for yourself, Elena. It's going to be crazy the next few weeks."

"Thanks, Sebastian. I'll see how it goes. Enjoy your run." She tells me.

"You too, have a good run." We hang up. I finish my coffee, slip into my trusted Nike's and make my way to the front door where I step outside and limber up and start running.

My mind races with how much work we've got to do before Arabella and Ava move into the ranch. I'm excited about living there, it'll be good for Arabella. The only thing disturbing me is Ava's ex.

How far will he go to get what he thinks is his?