Chapter 48

Sebastian

We have landed at the small airfield in Chicago. Long haul flights are most definitely not my thing, however, I have managed to keep myself occupied with work and of course thinking of Ava. I'm nervous that she won't listen to me. I'm terrified of losing her and not spending the rest of my life with her. On this ten hour flight I have had a lot to think about and it hit me hard to know that for ten years or so, I've locked my heart away and under key and now this beautiful American Girl has stolen it. It feels good, I've felt truly alive for the first time in so many years and I want to make her mine. Only will she want what I want?

It's a ten billion dollar question. I've some explaining to do and what I have to say won't necessarily be what Ava wants to hear, or will want for her life. It isn't everyone's cup of tea but my life is about to change dramatically and I have to on-board that.  Ava will have to consider whether it is something she will also be willing to take on.

Aside from my business, I have to find somewhere new for my main residence. Santa Fe will still be my home and I am reluctant to leave it but the penthouse at the hotel will no longer be suitable. I need to start to make plans for a change. It's welcome yet when Marissa told me, well let's just say it shook my world. In a good way. I've been longing for this to happen and never thought I'd see the day. Finally it has come, it's been ten years. A very long ten years and I have thrown myself into my business not to think about it constantly. 

"Sir is there anything you need before you depart?" My attendant ask. There isn't. I've already showered and shaved onboard the flight. I've had a filling meal even though my stomach kept churning at the thought of Ava rejecting me again. Sleep evaded me and I feel my eyes are stinging. All I want to do now is step off my jet and have my feet firmly on the ground. 

Elena has messaged me. We found an Ava Gardner in Lake View. There is also a Donald Gardner registered but at a different address. It could be her father. I'm about to send you the addresses. Promise not to go in like a bull in a china shop and have at least a plan in place. I'm elated that we have a location for the name, I'm keeping everything crossed it is my  Ava. My beautiful American Girl.

"I am fine thank you. I don't need anything. The flight was good as always. You will probably be here for at least a couple of days." I tell my attendant and the pilot who has now come to the top of the steps where I will go down to the tarmac. 

"Of course." He says and nods. He has worked for me for a few years now and even though this is an impromptu trip he is always available. I'm exceptionally lucky as he works his schedule around mine, Elena keeps him updated of our movements in order that he is available and we do allow for him to have sufficient time off and down time. My attendant smiles graciously. They will no doubt stay at one of our hotels here in Chicago, I have two. One is a small boutique hotel with just ten rooms. Two which we keep for our pilot and attendant and one for myself or my father. If more of us fly from my company, we stay at the larger hotel which is downtown. It has one hundred and fifty rooms with two penthouse apartments for my father and myself, and the entire floor beneath them is permanently reserved for our employees who need to travel with us, or meet us here in Chicago. We also offer our employees the space for any vacation they may want here in Chicago. Naturally it's theirs at no charge. Like I said, we pride ourselves on taking care of our extended family. 

My driver for this part of the world is waiting for me, the black limo is perhaps a bit too much when a sedan would do. I make a note to speak with Elena to revise that when I travel here next on my own. As soon as I am in the back with my long legs stretched out, I click on the location link that Elena has sent me. It's now approaching seven in the evening and I am desperate to go to the address I've pulled up in front of me. I know it will not go according to plan and besides I need to take this slowly. The last thing I want to do is scare Ava away by turning up unannounced at her apartment. 

I haven't contacted her in the last ten hours even though I have onboard WIFI, nor have I received a message from her. I'm wondering if she is still mad at me, if she is hurting like I am or if now that she has had the best of a day away from me and is back home; if she thinks it is for the best that a summer romance is all it was. Only to me it most definitely has not been some summer romance. Far from it. My heart has been open wide and absorbed everything about Ava. The way she smiles, the dance in her eyes, the silky softness of her skin. The light coconut smell of her hair mixed with citrus. She is the perfect woman for me, her beauty radiates from inside her. Ava is the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. She has become my soulmate, how this can happen just like that is beyond me. The feeling and intensity of our passion is no longer for me to question why, nor to object to. It is for me to accept and embrace and embrace it, is what I want to do with Ava for eternity. 

"Take me to the boutique hotel please." I instruct my driver since Elena was not sure where I'd want to reside for my short stay here. Although it may not turn out to be a short stay if I cannot convince my girl in the time that I am here, that I am the man she needs to be with. 

"Of course, Sir." He begins to ease the car away from the jet and heads out of the small airport and we commence our journey into the heart of Chicago. I rest my head back and imagine Ava's lips on mine, the feel of her skin under my fingers and her moaning as I slide my fingers down to her core. I long to see her again, I long to touch her and to inhale her femininity. Soon. Soon. Soon.