Chapter 27

Ava

I have so far managed to see everything Grenada has to offer from the stunning Alhambra Palace which offered me spectacular views and its intricate architecture. I am fascinated with all things Islamic in design and this was one of the first things I went to visit. It was absolutely amazing and I could have spent all day just being at the Alhambra Palace snapping merrily away. To the Albaicin neighborhood. Wow what a place. Steeped in history with such vivid colours and fragrances of all the spices and herbs. It is the former Arab neighborhood and even had many stores in souk style. I was in my element and found it difficult to pull myself away. However, the cathedral beckoned and I didn't want to miss it.

Before I knew it my mobile, when I checked showed me it was past two o'clock. I'd literally missed lunch and only stopped for coffees and pastels. I can't go anywhere without dosing up on caffeine. Sebastian's driver had stayed discreetly in the background. I'd informed him I wanted to do as much on foot as possible and to wait for me at a small café, that I would come and meet him once I was done. I felt awful just leaving him but I'm pretty sure he is used to having to wait around for Sebastian for hours during his meetings or and trips or whatever it is he does. 

I have to admit that it was pretty tough not Googling some more of him but having seen him already at functions with one stunning woman after the other on his hand, it was enough to launch my mobile across the bed this morning. So that still begs the question why me? I am absolutely nothing like the women he appears with. They are so well groomed they could pass as thoroughbreds. In fact they probably are. It wouldn't surprise me if he is already looking for his wife, someone who will be high society, hang off his arm at functions, events, celebrity weddings and the such like. Well it stands to reason then doesn't it? He only wants me for one thing, holiday sex. I mean let's face it, even Mark didn't want me long-term since I travel so much and don't have I'm a corporate wife stamped all over my forehead nor wear such a t-shirt. It hurts, it really bloody hurts but I can't change. Why should I change? I'm to be loved and liked for who I am, what I stand for and not because I can wear a pair of skyscraping heels, put my hair up in a chignon and meet and greet at important functions. 

I sigh as I sip my coffee at a bustling café near the cathedral. This is so perfect, except for the sadness in my heart. I really did think I was getting over Mark. Maybe it is the sense of rejection, the sense of I'm not good enough that is now hurting the most. I can't change. I can't be someone I'm not. My mum says there will be someone out there who is going to love me exactly how I am. And she is a very wise woman, so even though my heart hurts, I want to cry some more I have to lay my trust in her words. It might not be this year anymore that I meet the man who will be bowled over by me, or next year. Hell it may not even happen until I'm at least thirty but if she says it will, then it will. I can be patient. Besides, I really do not want anything to do with men right now. They're all liars and cheats in my book. Okay so that's a bit generalized based on my ex, but it will take an awful long time for someone to win my heart and trust again.  

I'm quite tired, it has been a wonderful day. Heavenly especially the souk stores and market. Honestly I could have lost myself there for hours. I've bought some beautiful silk scarves, because you know one wasn't quite enough. I have a fuchsia pink one, royal blue and an emerald green scarf. One I will give to my bestie Zoe and the other to my mother. They will love them. 

I wish Zoe was here with me, she'd absolutely love it. I have already sent snaps from today to her and can't wait to talk with her tonight. 

I see Sebastian's driver where I left him earlier this morning. He waves to let me know he can see me walking down the small hill and I wave exuberantly back at him. "Did you enjoy your day?" His voice is soft and I absolutely love his Spanish accent.