Chapter 28

Ava

"Oh. My. God." Zoe is practically screeching down the phone.  "You did what? You ran away from him after he asked you out to another dinner? What is wrong with you, Ava. Honestly." I have my mobile slightly away from my ear, I can tell she is really pissed at me right now. I stare up at the ceiling and watch as the fan goes round, it's part of an art-deco ceiling lamp and it's really captivating as it whirs around. 

"I know. I know." I say biting my lower lip. "I just got scared. I haven't got that shag them and leave them gene in my body. Even though he is so hot I could jump his bones." I giggle. She doesn't. I can tell Zoe is hacked off with me for not even considering it. "On top of that I've made a right idiot out of myself for just running away. But oh my God. When I touched him I felt like my fingers were shot with electricity."

"You're so dumb sometimes, Ava. I just can't believe you ran away from him. You have to go and seek him out and tell him you'd love to have dinner with him." 

"Don't be ridiculous. I've already made myself look utterly ridiculous."

"Erm hello Ava. He is clearly interested in you otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it. He'll be over joyed. You probably hurt his feelings." I laugh at that.

"What makes you think he has feelings. He comes across as a bit arrogant." 

"No that's your perception of it." She corrects me. Okay so Zoe knows me better than I know myself. I guess that is what best friends are all about. 

"How is Nat? How did it go with your movie date?" I try to throw her off the whole Sebastian debacle only she's too stubborn for all of that nonsense.

"Don't do that, Ava. It won't work. First of all the date was amazing. Secondly yes we had hot, rampant sex as we should be doing at our age. Please take note of that. Thirdly, trying to distract me with Nat isn't really going to work out too well for you. How about you pretty yourself up and go and find him. He can't be that far if he lives in the penthouse." She sounds so pleased with herself, as if she's found the cure for Cancer. I inhale deeply and sigh. Sometimes I do wish I could be a bit more carefree like Zoe. Mark has eradicated this, however with his two-timing that I discovered and he's hurt me and destroyed my every confidence in other men.

"And missy, don't start thinking all men are untrustworthy and just want you for sex. Even if he did so what? You need to live a little, let your hair down, have some safe fun. You deserve it, Ava. After six years with Mark you deserve a blinking medal and especially finding out about him and gruesome Charlotte." I can tell Zoe is grimacing at the other end, I can also tell that if she had her way she'd go straight over to my old house I shared with Mark and punch him in the face. Only the jerk would probably want to make a big deal out of it. 

"Well he did do a number on me it turns out, Zoe. If he hadn't moved Charlotte in almost the day after I left, I dare say I'd be up for some summer fun and sex."

"You can't let that dipshite spoil your fun nor your life, Ava. Come on where's your spirit. Look if he owns half the hotels in Spain, okay I already know he owns over five-hundred luxury yards, then I am sure he could follow you down to Malaga." She waits expectantly. I continue to stare at the ceiling fan. It is pretty.  

"I know Zoe." I say with resignation. "Okay. I'm doing it. I'll have a shower, it's been so hot here today I feel sticky then see at reception if I can speak with him. This is so, so awkward." 

"I know hun but trust me, you'll have so much fun if you just allow yourself to chill out. It's not like you're not an adult. I have to go I have a client coming in twenty minutes for a facial and I have to get stuff ready. So let's catch up tomorrow and tell me all about it. And, Zoe." She pauses. "Just. Have. Fun. Don't worry about anything it's a summer fling and you deserve it. I'll catch up with tomorrow after work my time." 

"Have a good day, Zoe. Love you."

"Love you too." She hangs up and then I remember that I didn't tell her my exciting news about wanting to stay longer here in Spain. I have to call my parents too at some point and let them know. I make the decision to message them to let them know I am doing well and safe, having a fantastic time and that I'll call them tomorrow.

The water is on the cool setting and it feels refreshing as the rain head shower allows the water to spread across and down my body. I could stand in here all day. Next I towel dry my hair and decide it is way too hot to blow dry it, besides I like it natural it has a wave to it. I usually only straighten my hair if I have an important meeting or go to an event so this suits me for now. I dust some bronzing powder over my cheeks, nose and forehead followed by a clear lip-gloss that tastes of peaches. Mmm it is good enough to want to eat it. A dash of black mascara and a smidgen of black eyeliner flicked out at the sides adds to a slightly more exotic and sophisticated look. I know I don't have to go to so much trouble, yet I am still embarrassed for running off earlier like I did. Now what to wear? 

The sky-blue dress I choose is pretty and I love to be girlie sometimes, especially since I spend most of my time in jeans or during the summer in shorts. It has white polka dots on it and is button-down with a collar. I think it's elegant and I feel kind of Audrey Hepburn-ish wearing it. I opt for my flat gold sandals with seashells on them that show off my perfectly burnished orange nail polish on my toes. I feel feminine and floaty but most of all confident to seek out the O.T.T. Hot, Sebastian Garcia.