Chapter 37

Sebastian

My meetings are taking up most of my time and I am wondering what Ava is up to. I am mentally distracted when I know I should be focused on what is going on in front of me. As soon as I heard the water issues are resolved, that we will still open on time with the infinity pools working too, well of course I switched off.

This is not normal for me. Not normal at all but Ava, she distracts me every second of the day since I have first set eyes on her. I must have a word with myself and my heart because right now it is feeling all sorts of things that even I find difficult to understand. How can one woman come suddenly into my life and turn it so upside down? How can I the man with the guarded heart for over ten years, now be having such strong feelings for a woman I have just met? It is a wonder to me and Ava is let's face it an absolute wonder. 

Enzo is talking, I glance at him whilst idly playing with the Mont Blanc pen in my right hand. "So we are all systems go, Sebastian. This is such good news." Isabella claps her hands she is impressed I can tell by her excitement. 

"Fantastic, I thought for a moment or two that we were going to head over the budget. You know we can't afford to let anything slip financially not with the Japan project."

"Talking of which," Enzo says. "When do you plan to travel? I thought it might be a good idea if myself and Isabelle join you." Japan right. I have to think because I know I have the Spanish hotel tour coming up and Japan is supposed to be straight after only, well the thing is that was all before I met Ava. I toy with the idea of asking her if she'd like to come on tour with me and to visit Japan too.

Both Enzo and Isabella are looking at me intently, expectantly. "I need to consult with my assistant. There have been some changes." I say now rubbing my temple. 

"Wouldn't have anything to do with your new lady friend now then would it?" Isabella smiles, she is a very beautiful woman. Her husband is a lucky man. Not only is she striking, she is intelligent and independent. They have three young children and I have no idea how Isabella manages to run my business financially, look after and be there for her children and be a supportive wife to her husband who works also in finance. He is the President of one of our richest banks here in Spain. 

I smile back. "Well there have been some unexpected occurrences I won't deny that." I fold my hands in front of me. 

"Well how about you take a break after the tour and Japan and spend time with her. It's not like you even take a holiday." Says Enzo. He looks tired as I glance his way. I can see the shadows under his eyes. We work hard all of us do, but the rewards are worth it. It dawns on me that I am not the only one who needs a break. I can't for the life of me recall when Enzo even had time off last. 

"I think you should take some holiday, Enzo. And you Isabella. Now this site is resolved and all is ready for two weeks time for the opening it'll do you both good to spend quality time with the family. I can do the tour alone and Japan, we will be moving out until after Malaga opens. I'd like you both to attend the gala opening if possible though." 

Their smiles reward me, they are exceptional employees and I couldn't run my business without them by my side. I try my best to ensure that they have everything they need in terms of support, my time and that they have the drive to want to come in every day to support our business.

"You know that would be amazing. I haven't had a break for nearly a year. Thanks Sebastian. Let's wrap up the meeting early if you don't mind." Isabella waits for me to respond.

"Of course. Look why don't you both take the jet. I'll organise with my assistant for a pick up tomorrow. I plan to spoil Ava. It's only just four o'clock I know a place I'd like to show her." I say and stand, stretch my legs and begin to pack my things together and put them in my black briefcase. 

"You're going to take her to Baños del Carmen aren't you?" Isabella's eyes light up. It is true it is my favourite spot in the whole of Malaga. It is a tennis club that opened back in 1918 and sits on the beach of Pedregalejo. The terrace is close to the water and I would love to share this place with Ava. I have never taken anyone there before. We have as a team when we've come to Malaga for work gone there for drinks and food, it is the best in the whole of Malaga. In my opinion and now I am dying to share this experience with Ava. I do not want to fly us back tonight. I am hopeful Ava will not mind too much. 

I nod. "Good." Says Isabella. "It is the most romantic spot here, she will love it. And, Sebastian. Thank you for the time off. We all need a break especially you. Do the tour, do Japan then take some well earned rest. It's been a long year and with so many things going on, you need the break." She looks serious and I know I should, only it isn't what I do. 

I don't take vacation, my father always grumbles on about it to me and my mother. But I didn't get to where I am with slacking off. For me relaxation comes from running, swimming in my infinity pool or lifting weights in my private gym. Occasionally I will drive to the sea and hire a villa but I always have my laptop and mobile with me. I am driven by my work, I am driven by results and I love ensuring that those who work for me are secure and safe, because I work my butt off to ensure this for them. 

Isabella and Enzo stand up, I give Isabella a hug and kiss on each cheek and man hug Enzo. "Thank you both for all your efforts. It means so much to me. Now go. Get some relaxation and enjoy the family time." Without being told twice they are packed up and ready to leave. The driver awaits them outside. I then realise I do not have Ava's mobile number. No doubt she is somewhere taking photographs. I send a text to my assistant to reach out to Ava's guide for the day and let me know where they currently are so I can make my way to meet them. 

It's a glorious day and as always here in Spain during the summer, the sun is scorching. It'll die down soon and Ava and I will have a romantic evening at the Baños del Carmen. Thinking of her sends fluttering from my groin to my chest. I know I ought to be cautious with these feelings I have for her, I know she will return to her home town in a few weeks and I don't want to feel broken hearted if she chooses not to see me again. I want to live every day with her by my side, I want to make her my queen and to lavish her with love, gifts, happiness and contentment. It has been a while since I have ever felt this for another woman and then I was just a young man only nineteen. It has been a very long time since I have allowed my heart to start to open to anyone. I have been careful and guarded like a hawk its prey and now I have found Ava, I simply can't stop what is happening to me.

Do I even want it to stop? No is the answer. It is time to feel again and to love and if I have to let her go when she flies back home, then it is a suffering I must endure. It is better to love and be hurt than never to love or be loved at all.