Chapter 41

Ava

I am so happy, I am ecstatic. We have had the best few days together and I know that my heart is finally lending itself to possibly being in love again. Trust me I have been fighting this all the way, I have tried to keep myself in check and not allow my emotions to run wild. After all, I had promised myself not to do anything stupid like have feelings for Sebastian. Once bitten, twice shy and all of that. Only it's nigh on impossible. I just cannot get my head to rule my heart. Part of me is also scared that I may never feel this again and isn't it better to feel elation like this than never feel it at all? I'm not allowing myself to think beyond today every step of the way because our time together will be all too short as it is.

Of course I have been fantasizing that we'll have this wonderful relationship where I fly over to see Sebastian on a regular basis or he comes to the US. I know he has hotels there and he did mention that they are looking at land in Texas and in California and that would mean I could spend more time with him. People have transatlantic relationships all the time and they work out just fine. Like Zoe said last night when I managed to get to speak to her. "Unless you try Ava, you will never know." 

I'm sitting outside a quiet café that is nestled between boutique shops here in Zaragoza admiring a beautiful cream skirt with pleats in the shop window as I sip at my coffee and toy with the idea of ordering a nice salsa prawn salad. Zoe and I had a good heart to heart last night and to say she was over the moon when I told her I was touring with Sebastian, would not be an exaggeration.

"Finally Ava. You have got that numpty Mark off your brain for good. About bloody time." She was squealing with delight and yes doing that cute piggy noise that I adore. "Wait until I tell Nate. He's going to be so pleased for you. By the way Mark had to go into his surgery the other day for some nasty infection he has got. Maybe he's picked something up from Charlotte. After all she did lay it around a bit from what I heard." Zoe seemed hugely satisfied at the thought of Mark having something nasty, I however, do not think he has picked up some nasty sex disease. But if if keeps Zoe happy to think that then fair enough. Nate can't really divulge anything, you know patient confidentiality and all of that business. 

"Yes I guess finally I am starting to get over Mark. Only Zoe I'm scared too. My heart is all a flutter, I can't stop thinking about Sebastian, I want to be with him all the time. It is scary. I mean so scary."

"Of course it is honey. What do you expect? You're in a foreign country, you've just let your girl out after a sex drought. You're bound to be all over the shop emotionally and craving a hotty like Sebastian." I have of course been sending daily pictures to my bestie so she is well aware of just how gorgeous Sebastian is. "You need to just go with the flow, Ava. Don't think about it too much. It's time you had a fling and some fun. I keep telling you this. Stop worrying about what tomorrow will bring. If it's meant to be you can both work it out. Trust me, he doesn't sound like the sort of man from what you have told me, that gives himself freely." 

"I know." At that point Sebastian had come into the bedroom of our hotel suite and kissed the top of my head and winked at me. He drives me insane when he winks. It's just so damn sexy. 

"And has he told you anymore about the girl who broke his heart that he's kept it under lock and key for however long." 

"No, only that he had loved someone when he was younger and thought they would be married but then she left him for his friend. He doesn't want to talk about it and I have to accept that. Besides it was ten years ago now, he was just nineteen. I can't imagine anyone running off from Sebastian. He's the best." Sebastian had left me to the call with Zoe and I was dying to get off the phone and into his arms. 

A waiter hovers near me at the café whilst I am reminiscing about my call with Zoe last night. "Would you like to order?" He asks. I am about to say yes and order the prawn salad and then decide instead I'll go back to the hotel where Sebastian is and see if I can lure him away for a terrace top lunch. They have a spectacular terrace, you can see for miles and the thought of spending more time with him, I decide is better than having lunch alone.