Chapter 78

Ava - Six Months Later

I'm standing in a beautiful large suite with a terrace on which sit two white iron chairs and a round table. The view is across olive groves and lavender-dusted hillsides to the majestic mountains where last night I watched the most spectacular sunset as I gazed over the scenic Sierra Morena. I sat here serenely by myself thinking this is the best decision I have ever made. My insides are all a flutter with butterflies, my heart feels like it will explode with happiness and I have had a perma-smile for the last few months.

Life couldn't have been more beautiful nor moved as quickly as it has. In just these few months I have moved lock, stock and barrel to live with Sebastian in his ranch just outside of Santa Fe. Nestled in a wondrous spot just outside of the town where he was born. It is a sprawling plot of land where horses can roam freely. We have goats, sheep and a couple of cows. Bella loves tending to them and recently Sebastian bought her geese and ducks that love to bathe in the lake on the land. To say it is a piece of heaven it not a lie. I couldn't ever have imagined how serene life could be not until he took us there.

His little girl is amazing, we hit it off from the start. Her first words were, "so you will be my new mama, correct?" Her smile is infectious and I loved her from the first moment I set eyes on her. We are joined at the hip, our favorite thing to do is watch movies together and eat popcorn. I like mine butter and salt and she loves toffee popcorn. We ride together in the morning before she has school, sometimes Sebastian will join us if he doesn't have to be in his office early. And I love that he has adjusted his schedule to leave later three times a week. He keeps the weekends entirely for us. We travel to different villages and towns, we fly with Bella to cities and enjoy being tourists in his country. Life is magical and I know without a doubt that I am the luckiest woman alive.

There isn't a day that goes by that Sebastian doesn't tell me I rock his world and to see him with his daughter brings tears of joy to my eyes. He truly is the best dad in the world. His tattoos that I find ultra sexy, Bella finds fascinating. Although he has told her that she isn't allowed to have them when she is older. He is fiercely protective over her and I can already imagine the palpitations he will suffer when she hits her teens and wants to start dating. That makes me smile as I sip on my morning coffee. It is just nine a.m and in one hour I will be walking towards my husband to be.

Sebastian has hired out the luxury villa, Finca Del Rey an exclusive villa with its own tennis courts, stables and even its own air field. It hosts up to eighty people which is sufficient for our wedding since we only wanted to invite our absolute closest family members and friends. Zoe is my maid of honor and she looks so beautiful in her peach off the shoulder, straight cut bridesmaid dress. Nate is with her and guess what? They are next. How about that, the girl who fancied our small town doctor is getting hitched herself. She will be marrying in three months' time in March to be a Spring bride. Here in December as it is now, it is heavenly. We have the cooler mornings but in the day a gorgeous warm twenty-one degrees. I always wanted to be a December bride and today I finally am.

My dress, let's talk about that because even I cannot believe it. The original was designed by none other than Helen Rose of MGM for Grace Kelly and I fell in love with it as a child having watched all her movies and being mildly obsessed with the later Princess. It is the most magical creation of lace, it was a masterpiece with a bodice and under bodice and skirt support with two petticoats. It is the dress of all dresses. Today I take myself away from the view and stand in front of the full length mirror and just stare. Sebastian paid for one of the best designers in Spain to recreate the dress for me, right down to the veil and a lace and pearl encrusted prayer book for me to carry down the aisle.

I hear a gentle knock on the door and hope it isn't my husband to be. We swore we wouldn't spend the night before our vows together, nor would we see each other for a full twenty-four hours before. It has been hard because I've been with him for every night practically in the last six months. There were only a few occasions when were were apart, one was when he went to Japan which he cut down to just five days because Bella was arriving to be with us and a few other trips he has had to make.