Chapter 42

Ava

My mind is in turmoil as I continue to stare, my head says run, pack your stuff and get out. After Mark and finding out about Charlotte I feel stupid that I went full throttle and laid all my emotion and trust into Sebastian. How silly am I? I turn but not before seeing Sebastian move away from the woman, in doing so he raises and turns his head in my direction. Does he have a sixth sense? Only I am standing behind one of the marble pillars a bit like a stalker. He releases the girls hand as he says something to her. I watch as the woman turns in my direction. She smiles. Bitch!

I'm not hanging around for this, he kissed her or rather she kissed him but I didn't see him pull away, I didn't see him try to stop her from leaning in and allowing her lips to touch his. That's it I am never going to release my heart to any man again. I knew this was too good to be true. Something that felt so damn perfect had to have a flaw. The tears begin to well up in my eyes then start to slide down my face. Quickly I turn to run to the lift to our private suite only I knock into a man. "Sorry." I mumble as I flee past him towards the elevator. 

I am packing my bag and I am out of here. I'm not hanging around to listen to a load of excuses. I've heard them all before. My heart is searing with pain, my stomach is in knots as it twists and causes me physical pain. My chest feels like it will explode and I am trying desperately not to break down in the foyer as I dash to the lift. I press the buttons. "Ava. Ava. Wait." I can hear Sebastian calling after me. Well that isn't going to look too good is it in front of his staff and guests. I don't care. I. Really. Don't. Care. 

With blinded eyes I press the lift button several times. Like that's going to make it any quicker but it feels like I'm trying to get to the suite quicker than if I press it once and wait. God, why are lifts so damn slow when you want one in a hurry? Have you ever noticed that? I am so blind to the beauty of the interior of the foyer that I focus on looking straight at the lift. It finally arrives.

"Ava, will you please wait. It's not what it looks like." Oh my word, did he really come out with that line? He's obviously been watching to many romantic movies where the male lead always says that. No, I am not prepared to wait for him to explain a load of rubbish to me. I'm out of here. I have money, I have my passport and I can damn well get myself a flight home from the airport here. It's an international one so I can easily book a flight and wait at the airport. It won't be the first time, no doubt it won't be the last time either.

Once I had to wait for over six hours for a flight from the Manila to Chicago and that isn't including the lay over in Taiwan. Add on another five hours for that. Was the trip worth it? Yes of course, it was a cultural experience and my loyal followers loved it. The reason I had to wait for six hours, you guessed it. Mark. I had travelled alone as he was doing some company presentation in New York. He called me out of the blue to say he was done early and was going back home to Chicago and was I coming back anytime soon. I'd been gone a week, which was supposed to have been a three week trip. You don't travel for nearly twenty-one hours just for a week. Well I don't. Ordinarily. I had explained that I wasn't due back but he laid it on so thick how he missed me, how much he wanted to be with me, how he couldn't get away to meet me in Manila and well yes there you have it. My heart surrendered and I flew back home. We'd only been living together a couple of years so everything was still blooming in our garden. Thinking back I realise it was his way of manipulating me to come back home. 

As I step inside the lift I see Sebastian just arriving at the door, thankfully it closes right in his face. I suppose he will use his private elevator and that'll get him to the top a lot quicker. I am alone in the lift which is a good thing since I can't help from crying. Everything was so perfect, so beautiful. I was so happy and content. There was me thinking life can't get any better, I felt loved, protected and secure. Now all I feel is this mental pain and heart ache. I am sobbing. Ugly crying. The whole lot. Tears are running fast down my face and my nose is snotty. Great.