Chapter 33

Ava

Wow is all I can think as he leads me into his penthouse apartment. In the lift my emotions ranged from feeling like I was on Cloud nine to dipping with a lack of self confidence and concern that I was making a big mistake. Like I said I really am not the sleeping around kind of girl. The fluttering in my stomach is relentless. 

"This is me." Sebastian says as he places a hand on my lower back. There it is again that warm sensation floating up from my stomach, up my chest and to my neck.  I can feel myself becoming flushed and warm. He was the perfect gentleman on the way here and in the lift, just making small talk and am I nervous right now? You bet I am. More nervous than I have ever been even more than when I had to sit exams.

What if he thinks I'm a terrible kisser? Right I need to stop that. All of a sudden I don't feel quite as merry as I did at dinner. The champagne buzz must be wearing off rather quickly. He reaches out to the left and places his hand on the wall. Lights come on only they're not stark lights they are subdued, warm and inviting. "Come in American Girl." He gently places pressure against my back and I move forward marveling at the brown marble floor, the expanse of the open plan room in front of me with a kitchen to the right. Two white plush sofas face each other in what seems to be the middle of the room, tucked to the left is a stone fire place with the chimney reaching to the top of the ceiling that must be at least ten or twelve meters high. 

There are a few easy tables that also look to be of marble dotted around with expensive looking ornaments on them and crystal lamp shades. The colour is white, everything is white except some fabulous abstract and very colorful paintings he has hanging in this stark yet exclusive looking space. I am mesmerized by everything and the vibe is, well it's like having a soft blanket draped over you as you fall asleep on your favourite easy chair. 

I'm conflicted between the excitement of what he will feel like on top of me and my lack of self confidence now I am standing in his space. I mean he can have any girl literally in the world and he has chosen to bring me here to his private space. Me. 

Sebastian gently removes his hand from my lower back and makes his way to the kitchen area. "Would you like more champagne or have you had enough?" He is smiling, he really ought to be a toothpaste model since his teeth are so white. I run my tongue around my own, wondering if I ought to visit the hygienist only mine are no match for his by any stretch. His smile is beautiful and I can see even in the dim and cosy light that he has a smile in those sexy and alluring, tiger colored eyes of his. 

"Yes please." I say and wander around the space. I could fit mine and Zoe's apartment in here at least three times. It is huge. Seriously huge. Doesn't he rattle around in here all on his own? "So, this is where you bring all your conquests is it?" I laugh a little. Yes I do feel a bit insecure now. He doesn't say anything as he pops the cork like a professional, no explosion or wasting of a fine, no doubt hideously expensive bottle of champagne. I watch as he pours some into one of the crystal champagne flutes that seem to have appeared from nowhere. 

"I haven't invited anyone here before, Ava." His voice has a mild edge to it. Crikey. If I wasn't nervous before I bloody well am now. I gulp. Is he for real? "You are the first." He stands closer to me again and hands me my flute. Greedily I drink from it, I know I should steady down but heck I need some Dutch courage right now. 

"Come let me show you outside. It's dark so we won't be able to see the majestic mountains but you will see some beauty of Santa Fe and Grenada." He takes my hand, there's that bolt of electricity again. I am seriously lusting after this man and he wants to go and show me the mountains we can't really see because it is too dark. But, oh my God. He is right it is absolutely stunning. The distance is covered with what can only be described as fairy lights. Thousands of them are flickering away, this is like a heaven. I look up and see the not quite so full moon shining down and literally thousands of stars. The peace is surreal. And the air it is pure, clean and fresh. I feel the evening breeze grace my naked shoulders and my cheeks. He lays a kiss on the top of my head ever so gently that it's like a feather brushing your nose. 

"This is stunning, Sebastian." I am in awe. Truly in awe of the sight before us. 

"They are all the lights from the villages that surround us. It is magical." I just nod because it's breathtaking and I could stand here for hours just looking out at it. I feel his presence so close to me, my body feels like it is on fire. His hand is resting again at the base of my back. I yearn for him to move it further down, to draw me into him for a passionate embrace. I look up at his profile and he looks out to the distance, I can tell he is in awe of it just like me. Who wouldn't get tired of a view like this? I can only imagine in the daytime it is stupendous. Perhaps if I stay then I'll get to see it. I almost let out a giggle. Who would have thought it? Me an ordinary girl from a small town, one serious ex boyfriend and nothing really to be too excited about, is here. Standing on a balcony in Santa Fe in Spain with the most desirable not to mention eligible billionaire bachelors in the whole of Europe and America. It's enough to spin your head right off your shoulders and he has chosen me. 

I am honored that Sebastian has brought me to his private space, to his penthouse and that I am the first. Whereas I am filled with excitement and my heart is pounding vigorously I am also nervous as to why me. We're going to be eventually, thousands of miles apart and I for one wouldn't do a long distance relationship. In fact do I even want another relationship? I'm too scared to commit to someone again after Mark. I know. I know. I'm jumping the gun a bit only now that I know I'm the first, it all seems well, rather serious. Don't you think?

I sip more of my champagne enjoying the bubbles as they tickle my nose. God I love champagne. I could drink it until the cows come home and then he takes my glass and places it on the round table in the middle of the balcony, which incidentally is huge and slowly, ever so slowly brings his face down to mine. My already pounding heart is beating so fast I'm scared it'll fly out of my chest and land at his feet. The warmth has intensified as it washes through my body and I can feel myself becoming very wet. So wet. Then I feel his lips gently brush mine, tentatively he runs his tongue along my top lip, caressing my right cheek with his thumb. I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. This is what kissing heaven must feel like. I want to rip his shirt off and feel those perfect biceps and run my fingers along his tattoos. I want to do so many things, naughty, dirty and sexy things. He probes his tongue further into my mouth, his moistness mingled with mine and I feel myself falling right into him.