Chapter 21: Waking Up

Stings Point of View

We were walking back to our house with Lucy on my back and Rogue carrying the bag of jars with the potion Rosemary made for Lucy. Kirara was walking next to me

"She needs to drink these everyday to slow the progression of the fallen spreading. Or she can learn to use the dark magic to release it to stop the building up that will eventually consuming her." Rosemary's image kept popping into my mind. I heard a light grown from behind me bringing me back to the real world.

"Sting?....Rogue?" Lucy said raising her head from my shoulder.

"Somebody finally woke up." I said looking back slightly. When Lucy opened her eyes I noticed her eyes were a slight shade of red then change back to normal quickly after. I'll ask Rosemary about this as soon as I can.

"Whats going on?"

"Were going home." Rogue said walking closer to Lucy.

"Whats that?" Lucy said staring at the bag Rogue was carrying.

"Its medicine for you."

"Why?" Lucy asked getting of my back quickly falling after being caught by Kirara.

"Thats one of the reasons why." I said as Lucy climbed onto Kirara in her battle form.

"I feel weird." Lucy said grabbing her head. Her eyes flashed red again, this time Rogue noticed as well.

"Since you're awake lets go the guild everyone is worried since you were taken by the council."

"Plus its early." Rogue added. Lucy simply nodded getting off of Kirara tried to walk with one hand holding into Kirara.

We finally made it to the guild hall. Its been awhile since we've been here. I kicked open the guild doors causing the guild members heads to whip into our direction.

"Look who's back!" Some began tearing up when they saw Lucy and how part of her arms and legs were covered in bandages. It didn't take long before the ones who knew Lucy ran to her in a attempted hug, only to be dodged by Kirara lifting Lucy into the air hovering above them.

Lucys Point of View

I heard awes coming from below me. I look down to see Minerva pouting and jumping trying to get a hold of my feet.

"Its okay. Ill be fine." I said stroking Kirara's nose.

She slowly descended to the ground, and went to the exceeds at the bar counter. I was greeted by a bone crushing hug from Minerva.

"You had us worried sick, Lu." That name brought up painful memories. I quickly shook them away.

"Im sorry." I said giving her a small smile.

"Sorry to cut this short, but Sting needs to see you in his office Lucy." Rogue said pulling me away from Minerva.

I noticed she looked in a state of shock when I looked back to wave goodbye. I saw that Minerva went to talk to Rufus, then they both began glancing at me until I was out of sight. I walked with Rogue up the stairs until we reached the Master's Room which Sting was located in.

"Sting?"

"Oh you're here, great. Sit down. Rogue close the door."

Rogue closed the door behind me as I sat down in the sofa in front of Stings desk.

"Well its kinda a long story." Sting said scratching the back of his head.

Rogue nodded taking the seat next ot me.

"In that case start talking. I said laughing a bit.

Rogue Point of View

An hour or two passed as Sting just finished informing Lucy everything from Lucy being Partly Fallen to Lucy possibly dying.

"I'll die soon...?" Lucy asked slowly looking at the ground.

"Not if we can do something about it!" Sting said reassuring Lucy.

"But,that could happen if you don't do what Lady Rosemary says." I said as I noticed Sting had a distant look in his eyes.

"I have to use it then before it builds up to much?"

"Yes, but none of us know what power you gained from absorbing the Fallen." I said looking at Sting who was still in a daze.

"Should we go on a mission and let some of it out? I've been feeling weird since I woke up."

"That could be useful. Sting what do you think?"

"Sounds like a good idea. We'll head out in the afternoon.I have some errands to run in the morning." Sting said as we exited the room going to the request board.

We went to the request board, however this time it was filled more than usual. Mainly demons attacking a town, or groups of towns people wondering into the forest and not coming back, if they do they are on the verge of death.

"Lets help some town folks, it seems like they really need it." Lucy said placing her index finger as she read the discription.

"It has a reward of 1.5 Million Jewel too." Of course Sting would be looking at the money.

"Alright we will meet her at 2pm. And take a train to?" I asked not knowing the location of the mission.

"HillMyer." Lucy said ripping the paper of the board.

"Sounds weird but should be worth it." Sting said punching his fist in the air. Trying to brighten the mood.

"Yeah." Lucy said giving a small smile.

We walked down stairs to see Minerva signaling Lucy to the bar while Rufus motioned Sting and I to a table near the entrance.

"Whats going on with Lucys eyes? Minerva and me saw Lucys eyes flash a different color a few times.

"Long story." Sting said resting his head on the table using his arms as pillows.

Tomorrow was going to be an even longer day, a few questions will be answered. What is the magic Lucy was forcefully given? Would she be in harms way from it? How will she control it?

Small Authors Note

Hey guys, as you can tell the cover of the story as been changing a lot recently and I would like to have a Great cover for the story. If you guys are interested in making one for me that would be great! Comment if you have one and Ill let you know how to send it to me. Thanks! Bye-Bye! 

~Aleks