Chapter 47½ : Natsu

Lucy limped her way out the small cabin to the town covered in bandages. She tried her best to avoid the roots of trees sticking up from the ground, but with her frail body she continued to fall, and whined every time she did. But she refused to stop, she wasn't going to let him go again.

"He's not leaving me again!" Lucy yelled as her walk evolved in to a slow run.

Now Lucy was leaping over the branches and roots of the freely growing forest. Once she entered the city of Crocus, she scanned the area seeing Sabertooth with open doors and the train station to the left. If she needed to catch Nastu she would need to go to the train station. So she headed to the train station in jog weaving through the crowds of people.

She successfully made to the end of the busy crowd, but tripped landing on her knees. She let out a groan as she picked herself up from the ground. Lucy looked to the train station for a small glimpse of the familiar pink hair she couldn't forget. And she did, he was waiting in line to board a train 4th in line. Natsu being the last in line.

It turned to slow motion as every second passed another passenger boarded the train with their ticket stamped.

Now Natsu was walking in the train with happy flying above him. Lucy reached her hands inside the now closing doors yanking them out the train as the doors closed.

"Lucy!?"

With the force that Lucy had pulled them out the train with, that same force made them spin around in a circle and land on the ground in the middle of the train station. Lucy painted heavily as she laid sprawled out on the station floor. Natsu only starred as she caught her breath.

Lucy propped herself on her elbows taking in a final breath before her breathing returned to normal. "We're you going to really planning to leave me again?" Lucy said as she turned to Natsu.

"I told him not to, Lucy!" Happy yelled tears falling from his eyes as he buried himself in Lucy's shorts.

"What are you doing here?" Nasty asked avoiding eye contact.

"Im not letting you leave me behind again." Lucy said as she patted Happys head.

"But you're with Sabertooth." Marsh said looking at his feet.

"That's correct and incorrect at the same time you see." The three of them snapped their head up at the new voice that belonged to Minerva.

"The mark I gave Lucy was a temporary mark of our guild." Minerva waved her hand in the air covered in a purple mist. "I knew she could never truly leave her home and family."

As Minerva finished her sentence Lucys lower torso glowed through her shirt as did her right hand. Lucy lifted her shirt to see her Sabertooth mark begin to disappear and her old Fairytail mark reappear. Lucy ran her hand over the Fairytail mark tracing the outline.

"We won't hold anything against you if you wish to return to Fairytail." Rogue said landing on the ground next to Minerva with Sting closely behind. "He's right." Sting added.

"We knew it would happen but it was quite a adventure to go on." Minerva said smiling as Kirara jumped into Lucy's lap joining Happy. Natsu's eyes widened at the sight.

"I thought?-"

"She was transported into space when she saved you from the dark pulse. With my magic I found her and treated her wounds." Minerva said cutting off Natsu.

"You didn't kill her like you thought." Rogue said crossing his arms. "You don't have an excuse to think she would hate you now." Sting only remained silent.

"Is that why you tried to leave?" Lucy asked.

"I didn't want you to hate me for killing your partner." Natsu said crossing his legs.

"I could never hate you. Not in a million years." Lucy said placing a hand in his cheek. Natsu looked up to meet Lucy's eyes. His eyes watered as he saw Lucy's soft eyes.

"I don't deserve you're forgiveness." Natsu said between sobs. "I left you alone for a year."

"You better not do it again idiot." Lucy said as she smiled lifting Natsu's head to meet her eyes. She wipped his tears away with her thumbs she smiled wholeheartedly once again. Lucy placed his forehead on her own as his sobs slowed.

Natsu starred at her smile before closing the small gap between them. Lucy's eyes widened but slowly closed when she returned the kiss. Seconds passed before they parted.

Minerva smiled while Rogue blushed, Sting still not saying a word.

"Come back me to Magnolia with me. I can't leave you again." Natsu said standing and pulling Lucy up with him.

Lucy tearfully nodded. Minerva handed Lucy's newly bought ticket to her.

Lucy, Minerva, Rogue. Sting and the exceed shared a tight embrace as the over head spoke.

"Final train to Magnolia will be arriving shortly."

"Take care of yourself out there, Lucy." Sting said as the hug ended. Lucy nodded turning around walking back to Natsu who intertwined their hands together.

As the train pulled into the station. Lucy boarded first having her ticket stamped with Kirara and happy following closely behind.

As Natsu handed the train master his ticket to be stamped he felt a heavy hand on his shoulder. Sting leaned closely to Natsu's ear and spoke. " If you ever leave her behind again, I'll be sure you won't see daylight." Natsu glanced back to Minerva and Rogue to see them nodding in agreement as he was handed back his ticket.

"Got it?" Natsu shook his head as he boarded the train with a shove. " Take care you two, and be sure to visit!" Sting said walking back to Minerva and Rogue.

The train began moving as the two sat in a booth watching the sunset through the window.

"I love you Lucy." Natsu said placing a kiss on Lucy's forehead.

"I love you too Natsu."