Chapter 43: Darling

"You've learned to control it?" Jose examined the blood knifes pointing in his direction, more forming by the minute.

"You hurt everyone I care for, then and now," She looked to the ground as the injured images of all her FairyTail guild mates, along with Sting, Rogue, and the exceeds . Revenge, regret and sorrow took over. " I'm not weak like I was before." Her head snapped up revealing her brown eyes, now similar to Joses, only not glowing.

"FINALLY, GIVE ME YOUR BEST LADY LUCY!" A dark cackle and smile played onto his lips as he charged forward. With the power that Lucy had left, she ran towards Jose sending the blades In front of her hitting hit body, some getting stuck on his body.

He flinched as the 8th dagger entered his body. 3 on his upper torso, 1 each on his arms, 1 on his upper shoulder and legs, the rest ripping his clothes and cutting his skin some deeper than others. Lucy took her chance once she was close enough, she punched the daggers completely into his skin, kicking the last one on the center of his chest. Lucy stood tall again, as she saw him cough blood and grip his upper torso. He stumbled backwards, as Lucy walked closer to him.

To create some distance between them, Jose created Phantom Soldiers as he did before in the first battle. However, as soon as they were created they fell immediately after.

"What?!" Jose yelled watching his phantoms fall without any damage. He looked to Lucy who was releasing a darker aura than his.

"Since you have ghosts," Lucy raised her open hand. "I say its fitting if you join them yourself." She closed her hand into a tight fist causing the daggers that were in Jose's body to combust leaving a cloud of smoke, he yelled in pure pain. She walked closer once the cloud had disappeared revealing Jose not moving, hardly breathing. "You're not hurting anyone else."

Lucys eyes changed to brown while limped her way to Sting, who was still unconscious. As she was going to touch his cheek, a dark pillar of light shot up from the sky about half a mile away. Her body pulsed as the light widened and dispersed over the town they were in. A heavy fog covered the town traveling from where the dark pillar once was.

"You won't survive, Lady Lucy." Lucy's head snapped back to Jose who was slowly bleeding out on the ground. " It will consume your soul and end your sanity." She carried Sting setting him down next to Rogue, placing the Exceeds between them.

"I'll use it to get back and protect the people I don't want to lose." Lucy stood tall as she gripped her arm that was bleeding heavily. "Oh but you are far too late now. He is already corrupted, his true form is now free! You don't stand a chance Lady Lucy!" He laughed a bloody laugh as blood continued to flow out his mouth. It abruptly ended with a dagger to his heart.

Lucy took in the silence of her surroundings before heading in the direction of the dark pillar. She glanced back to Sting and Rogue who still laid on the floor unconscious. "I'll protect all of you, like you've done for me."

~Sting's Point of View~

I woke up with pain going through my whole body. I opened my eyes to see the sky, a dark red color. Some sort of mist was floating over the ground, it barely went over my face. I sat up very slowly looking at everything around me. I turned to my side and see Rogue on the ground not moving but he was still breathing. I heard him take a deep breath of air and start coughing badly. I stood up grabbing Rogues hand pulling his still unconscious body and putting him on the nearest wall. I sat him down against the wall putting him down gently, it didn't go so well since I fell too.

I stumbled as I stood up, this time going to get the exceeds in the same condition as rouge. I sat them against Rogues knees so they could sleep somewhat comfy. I stood up and took a deep breath, but it stopped when I felt strong dark energy. I almost feel over, but i grabbed a broken wall with one hand, and my head with the other when a raging headache started. In the distance I saw a brighter fire flickering higher than the other ones that were on the buildings. I started walking over the fire that was brighter since a fire wouldn't be on that high on its own.

I started walking towards the fire getting brighter and the smoke becoming thicker. The fog was so heavy i couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I limped my way to the repetitively close area and felt myself getting weaker with every step I took. I eventually made it to the area where intense dark magic lurked. Looking straight ahead I almost stumbled into a giant crater in the ground, on instinct I grabbed a nearby wall before I fell possibly to my death.

"That was close." I whispered as I let out a heavy breath. I tried to get around it as I heard a voice coming from the crater.

"What will you do now, Lucy?" I head a scruff voice say. 'Lucy?' I thought as I leaned into the crater making sure not to fall.

"Come to your senses, Natsu!" 'Lucy and Natsu too?' I heard a laugh come quickly afterwards, but a different voice again. It sounded like 3 different voices.

"He has come to his senses foolish girl I used you and now I'm using him." Who's the third person? I thought as i slid into the crater only to fall onto my stomach. I tried to get up only to get let out a painful groan which caused all to turn to me. I quickly stood up only to be frozen in my spot at the sight before me.

Lucy stood in front of me badly wounded, bleeding badly from every part of her body, and clothing ripped. On the opposite side of her were Natsu and another guy with long wild black hair, who were also barely wounded. Lucy turned to me, I was shocked by her appearance she was badly bleeding, but acted as if she was perfectly fine. She then placed her blood soaked hand on my cheek, causing me to flinch at the coldness.

"You need to get out of here." I heard lucy say as my eyes became heavy.

"Oh, seems like you've saved me the trouble of hunting you down." Lucy stood up facing them standing tall.

"You're not hurting him, Dormanji!" Lucy yelled.

"Oh no, course not my dear, Natsu will be the one to do it." Im guessing Dormanji said motioning his hand to Natsu who walked forward revealing black specks covering his face and body.

"You are unable to hurt demon." He pointed to Natsu. "How will you defeat a devil, darling?"

______________________

I got writers block for this one so i used some old text. Please Forgive me!