Chapter 31: His Return

I'll tell all of you honestly I was getting really lazy with all of my updates. Its only a small bit of school work that stopped me. Ill try to update this weekend again. I'm sorry again its not as long as I wanted it to be.

~Here's the new chapter~

There he stood, before the trio, standing proud in the midst of his flames. All of the viewers that remained in the stadium let out a gasp while the trio remained still. Our Celestial Summoner however leaned on the rails as her knees buckled under her at the sight of her former love.

~Sting's Point Of View~

I stood in the balcony as I watched Natsu stand in the entrance of the arena. He took out the #1 Guild In Fiore with one blow. The flames somehow managed to wander in our direction. Lucy didn't seem to notice since her eyes were on Natsu and Natsu alone. Without hesitation I stood in front Lucy and shielded her from the flames while having the flames dance on my back as we fell to the ground.

"Sting!" I let out a groan as I fell on top of Lucy, shielding her from the burning of the fire.

I felt a burning sensation on my back as my head fell into the crook of Lucy's neck.

"Sting! Are you okay?!" I felt her carefully lift my shoulders away from her body gently. Rogue helped Lucy by placing his hands on my stomach and lifting me and sitting me down on a near by wall.

"Those flames really do burn." I said as my back made contact with the wall. The slight coldness make my back feel better.

"Idiot! What were you thinking?!" Lucy started to yell at me as she sat in front of me still covering her chest. I couldn't help but give a slight blush at the sight. Who wouldn't blush when seeing Lucy half naked?

"Well, you were so mesmerised by Natsu you didn't see the flames coming for us." I pouted a bit before hearing Rogue yell. She gave me a surprised look and looked away slightly mumbling sorry.

"We need all the capable mages to fight!" Rogue leaned over the rail and yelled downwards causing all the standing by mages to yell in response.

Although Lucy stayed by my side she constantly looked to the arena to watch Natsu fight the mages easily. He didn't even notice her presence yet. So much for being there for each other.

"Tch." I scoffed to myself as a blue blob appeared behind Lucy waving his short arms around.

"Heya Lushhe! How have ya been!!" I saw Lucy's eyes go wide in shock before she turned around.

"Happy!!? What's-"

"Oh man, Natsu said he just had to come here and see the fight." Im guessing the cat named Happy said as he put a hand on his forehead.

"Its a lot more than just watching the fight if you ask me." I said where the blue cat turned my way and gave me a weird look before turning back Lucy who was watching the arena again.

He looked the same direction as Lucy was, putting a hand back on his head. "He's overdoing it again. that Natsu..."

Is this what they called overdoing it in Lucy's old guild?!

I slowly got up to see the aftermath of the stadium. with pain going through my body but Lucy quickly noticed and helped me. I felt bad for putting most of my weight on her small figure, but she looked like she was holding up pretty well. Having one hand covering her breast while holding my chest, the other wrapped around my torso pulling me. We started shuffling our way to the edge of the balcony.
The whole arena was literally melting! I lost my footing at the sight and landed on the edge of the balcony. Lucy joined me as she leaned over the railing.

As the flames spread further away from Natsu and dust cleared up Natsu looked up to our balcony. I followed his eyes which just happened to land on Lucy who was staring at Natsu harshly. They made silent eye contact before Natsu began talking.

"Yo, its been such a long time, Lucy!" He had a slight redness to his cheek as he spoke to Lucy who flinched.

I could see her eyes soften at his words adorned by a slight blush to her cheeks.

"How have you been?" She gave a slight smile as she looked down to meet his eyes.

By the way Lucy looked at Natsu, anyone could tell she had a sliver of feelings for him still. I felt slight jealously manifest itself in my chest by how they looked at each other.

He left you on your own for a year long journey. I helped you and you helped me.

Are you going to follow him and leave us?