Chapter 30: Grand Magic Games

Lucy's Point Of View

It was intermission of the final day of the GMG's everyone was preparing for the final battle between Skull Millione and Dullahanhead. I have to admit being a Guest Speaker for the Grand Magic Games is a lot of fun. Especially with Sting and Rogue at my side, this is the first time the game has had 5 speakers for the Games. Another bonus was that I spent plenty of time with Yajama. We talked about what happened over the past year, and he asked about my reasons to joining a new guild. He told me he completely understood, and that I wasn't the only one who joined a new guild. Wendy also decided to the same, as to her joining Lymia Scale. Who were not participating in this years games same as us.

"Now that I think of it none of the Guilds that participated last year are here." I said as I rested my head in my hands.

"It's the final day and you just noticed?" Sting said sarcastically tilting his head towards me.

"Haha, so funny."

"It's only new guilds that are participating. I would still like to know why." Rogue said playing with Frosch. Immediately Kirara dug her head into my palm signaling me to pet her which I gladly did.

"Maybe they got lazy like we did. We know were strong we don't need a title to know that." Sting said leaning back in chair.

"They said if the main competition isn't present then, that is Sabertooth and FairyTail. Then what fun would it be.The crown was upset when they found out, but the new guilds are doing fine as fill ins." Yajama said as he sat down. I nodded as did the others. Sabertooth and FairyTail must be that competitive that its fun to watch. My thoughts were cut off by the Kings or Announcers voice.

"Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for. The Final Battle for the Title Strongest Guild In Fiore!" The King in a pumpkin suit said standing in the center on the dirt battle ground.

"Surviving the Semifinals with his overwhelming power Chrissac From Dullahanhead! Ersus the guild that has shown uis miracle upon miracle Skull Millione!" He said as he walked off the field for the guild teams to make their way onto the dirt battlefield.

"This should fun to watch." Rogue said emotionlessly.

"Frosch thinks so too!"

"I want to fight the winner!" Sting said causing all of us to sweatdrop at his words. We all then turned our attention to the battle which was about to start.

I rested my chin in the palm of my hand as the battle commenced. I knew Skull Millione was up to something, they were stronger than what they showing I could feel the magic energy emense from time to time. My thoughts were that they were doing it for the money they would get. It bored me to think they would be named "Fiores Number One", but what can I do. I'm a commentator.

"Skull Millions Is This Year's Strongest Guild In Fiore!" The crowd erupted in cheers along with outside cheers from viewers at home.

"What's wrong, Lucy?" Sting asked.

"I can bet anything, they did it for the money." Sting gave me a questioning look as if asking me to explain my theory, which I did. Surely enough Skull Millione's top player said one word to prove me right.

A creepy grin formed onto his face followed by his words. "Money."

"How did you-"

"Just a guess. Just sat back and watched." I said as I stretched back in my chair lifting my hands above my head. Sting shocked expression made me giggle as he turned back to the field.

"Thank you all for coming and enjoying this year's Grand Magic Games! We will see you next year!" The king said before leaving the arena.

"What's wrong?" I said with a slight laugh.

"Yajama. Evacuate The People and Our Partners. Now. Lucy, Rogue, Follow Me." Sting said as He jumped from the booth to the entrance of the Stadium. Rogue and I followed closely behind. As I got closer the entrance I felt magic radiating off of something or someone.

"What is that?!" I asked as we got into our battle stances.

"Lucy, I need you to be our final line of defence if he gets past us." Sting said in a demanding yet gentle voice.

"Are you sure? I know I can hel-"

"Leave this intruder to The Number One Guild." Skull Millione appeared behind us pushing Sting, Rogue, and I back.

"Don't high and mighty because you won a cheesy tittle." Sting said to the top member of Skull Millions.

"That cheesy tittle made us 50 million richer." He said mockingly.

Sting was about to charge at him until I walked in between them.

"The enemy is approaching." I said blandly dragging Sting as I followed Rogue to the other end of the arena.

"Let's see how they do against an enemy with that advanced magic level." Sting said as He watched the members standing proudly.

"I see him. He's alone." I squinted my eyes to see a dark figure. From a distance I couldn't get a good view, but from what I could see. The guy has a heavy cloak. It seems to be covering his whole body.

He steadily approached the entrance having dust at his feet. He stopped a few meters from Skull Millione and looked around as if searching for someone. His eyes meet with the top mage of Skull Millions.

"Turn around. Leave immediately." The girl of Skull Millione said.

"That's no fun. Were Fiore's Strongest Guild, for goodness sake. I say we just beat this guy to a pulp." The cloaked man just looked around once again.

"Hey, Focus Here! I want to know who I'm fighting!" The top mage said once again. It seemed as if the cloaked figure smirked or gave a slight laugh.

The cloaked figure finally spoke. "So you're Fiore's Number One?" Skull Millione simply have the man a stupid glare.

"Let's just say..." The man Opened his hand and released flames throughout the field.

"Get back!" Sting yelled. Rogue was leading while I was in the middle trying to keep up. Noticing the flames were getting closer, Sting picked me up and jumped to a balcony 4 stories up. We stood behind the railing to see our clothing melting off.

"Kyaa! Our clothes! Sting put me down!" I yelled as I noticed all of our shirts were gone or better yet burnt off.

"Sorry!"

"The Challenger!" Our heads snapped towards the voice and we all immediately recognized who it was. His hood fell off his head revealing Long Pink Hair.

My eyes widened in shock as I saw the first guy I loved standing proudly in the middle of the Flames.