Chapter 25: Fallen Known

Italics is the Fallen Spirit speaking through Lucy.

Lucy's Point of View

We flew over to the East bank to see the townspeople carrying wounded the opposite way. In the distance I could see a horde of demons attacking people who were running away from the bank. I felt myself becoming filled with sadness as we passed over the wounded people.

"Give me more sorrow, Mortal." I heard a deep, hair-raising voice. I snapped my head side to side looking around me to find the source of the voice I heard. Only to be unsuccessful. However, Sting and Rogue didn't seem to notice it since they didn't turn back. I held on to Kirara tightly as we approached the bank. The scent of fresh blood lurked in the air. I didn't have a sense of smell like this before, so why now?

I look down to see town folk running away with blood covering their bodies as the pass under me. I noticed some of the towns mages were fighting off the demons,but were quickly launched into building falling unconscious. They had stronger magic than I did. There is no possible way I could survive a battle with one of the demons, none the less a horde. Sting and Rouge Flew over the other side of the building to see hundreds of more demons trying to run into town.

This is too many for even us to handle. Sting and Rogue might get seriously hurt. Im not as strong as they are, if they can't handle it there's no way I could. I'm dragged out my thoughts by civilians screaming.

"There going into town! Run!" A barrier from what I'm thinking the church created formed around the town cutting off further demons from entering.

"You need my magic. Your magic wont suffice for this type of battle." I heard the voice again, but it seemed to be more demanding. This was the Fallen Spirit that trapped itself in my body I was hearing, and it was right my magic is weak even with my training. Lady Rosemary said I have to release the magic. Didnt she? This is the only way I can think of. I closed my eyes to attempt to summon the Fallen's magic, I felt a dark aura surrounding my body. Kirara seemed to panic from the dark aura and throw me off her back.

"Lucy!?" I heard Rogue call out to me as I fell. I landed on the ground creating a crater separating the demons from the townspeople trying to escape from the bank. The demons stopped in their tracks and eyed me down.

"Lucy!" Sting called out to me. I turned to him, but turned away as quickly as I turned to face him. I charged into the Horde destroying a line of demons. I found myself in the middle of the Horde with the demons once again staring me down. They attacked simultaneously one-by-one. I managed to destroy a few more before a demon from the far back jumped over the other demons and slashed the palm of my hand. I winced in pain holding my hand with the other until I felt a pulse come from my wounded my hand.

"Use the Blood to fight, Mortal." I heard the voice again. The Fallen is helping me? Without a second though, I swung my wounded hand around me creating a blood splatter circle. I swung my hand outwards towards the demons causing the blood to rise from the ground creating hundreds of small lighting fast bullets. The frontlines of the demons were vanishing along with some of the middle portion. I could see my vision becoming blurry, but that didn't stop me from taking on the rest. I stood up straight and swung it lightly ti my side. The blood that attack the demons flowed back into my hand creating a Blood Sword in my hand. Without thinking, I charged at the next portion of the demon horde.

Sting's Point of View

I was in shock watching Lucy use the Fallen's magic to fight of the demons.

"Is this the Fallen's Spirit magic?" Rogue asked in disbelief.

"Thats the only thing it could be." I said quietly watching Lucy as she fought of demons with a Red Sword.

"We need to help her. She can't fight off them all by herself." I said as Lector almost dropped my down only to be stopped by Rogue.

"Look at her. Don't you think we would only get in her way." Rogue said watching Lucy closely.

"I don't care she needs help. I plan on helping her."

Lector let go of my collar and allowed me to free fall to the ground.

"Holy Dragons Roar!" I attacked the rest of the demons causing them to vanish, to be replaced by a thick fog. After my attack had settled down I barely saw Lucy fight the last portions of demons, but the fog covered her image and vanished.

"Lucy! Where did you go?" I walked aimlessly in the hopes to find where Lucy went off to. I walked for a while until I felt a presence rushing behind me. I managed to dodge with back flip landed behind Lucy? She slowly raised up her sword and yanked it out the ground leaving a crack in the cement.

"I know Rogue and I didn't help, but you dont have to attack me for it! You made it look easy!" Lucy turned her head slightly to me. I could see her eyes dull, lifeless and were a dark shade of red. Her dull eyes where accompanied by a bone chilling smirk that played her lips. She turned around slowly revealing her body covered from head to toe in fresh blood.

"You should have saved the weak mortal sooner, fool. She gives up much to easily." A deep, devilish, terrifying voice came from Lucy's lips instead of her sweet soft voice.

Next Chapter: