Chapter 44: Not Without You

~Sting's Point of View~

"How did Natsu get like that?" I asked pulling myself up from the ground.

"I don't know, but you need to stand up and get out of here." Lucy put her hand under my arm helping me stand.

"I'm not leaving without you." Lucy's face softened once those words left my lips. Once I was on my feet I put my hand on her upper arms tightly. "We're both getting out here, we don't stand a chance. Look at how we are!"

Lucy's eyed widened as I talked then smiled, I starred into her eyes inching closer to her face. She just stood still until I was close enough to make a move. As I was about to touch her cheek. I felt a gush of wind then the floor i was just on again.

"Sting!" Lucy turned her head to Dormanji, swinging her arm to him sending the blood from her arms outward turning into blades as they flew through the air. Natsu jumped in front of Dormanji protecting himself and Dormanji by making the air hot, making the blades return to liqud.

"I didn't do that." He said peeking his head out from behind Natsu. Lucy looked to Natsu who's eyes were hidden by his hair, he looked to me and I saw his eyes glowing a darker shade of black, if that was even possible. "Natsu..." Lucy whispered.

"You really need to get out of here. Now." Lucy ordered. "Like I said," I lifted myself from the ground once again, "Not without you." Natsu disappeared from in front of Dormanji and appeared right before me. I tried to take a step back but before I could Natsu kicked me in the stomach and punched me hard on the side of the face. I jumped backwards creating distance enough to use my new attack.

I raised my hands above my head taking a deep breath, light collecting in my hands. Clearing up the dark around me. "Light Dragons: Pure Pillar!" I pointed my open hands to the area where Natsu stood. Making a cloud of debree were the attack hit. I heard a groan before falling on one knee panting trying to catch my breath. "Celestial Shield!"

As the smoke cleared I saw a familiar set blonde hair on the ground with a golden sphere above her. "Lucy!" I ran over to Lucy to see her even more bloody and injured. She was breathing hard before she spoke. "He can teleport us anywhere he can see. We need to be careful."

I nodded, helping Lucy stand, I looked over to Dormanji to see Natsu back with him. That's where he went.

"Don't hurt Natsu so much, he's not in his right mind." I looked at Lucy with a confused look. "He's possessed by the darkness. Like how I was before." Lucy's eyes hardened on Dormanji. I nodded running to Natsu again, Lucy running to attack Dormanji. Natsu and I were in a full hand to hand combat, while Lucy and Dormanji were casting spells and dodging them.

"Just go down already!" I yelled punching him in the stomach. I kicked him making him fold over holding his stomach. With a final hit I spun and kicked him sending him to a nearby building. I sighed but black fire came into my direction hitting me head on. I skidded on the ground until I came to a stop. Natsu walked out the crumbling building without a scratch to him. I stumbled backwards as he dashed towards me, hitting me with a non stop set of punches, kicks, and jabs.

On his last hit, I coughed up blood falling to the ground. I coughed again once my back hit the ground staining the dirt with my red liquid. Natsu towered over me as I turned Lucy's to direction hoping she took down Dormanji and laid him on the ground for good, but that couldn't happen.

~Normal Point of View~

Lucy could not find the strength to stand back up. She lost too much blood and too much magic. Lucy stumbled as she could barely stand or even open a gate, she held her arm as blood ran down it to the tips of her fingers falling onto the dirt.

"You have run out of purity, or light." Dormanji took a step closer to Lucy making her stand up taller. "The only thing that remains it darkness, the darkness in your heart." Dormanji pointed his hand to Natsu making a dark smoke come out from his body, filling his hand. The black specs over Natsus body start to disappear. After they were completely gone that old shine in his eyes returned but quickly left and he fell down next to Sting. All the areas were Sting attacked him were beginning to show on his body, bruises and scars trailed his body completely.

Lucy forced herself to a sprint to where they were, but she was quickly carried backwards this time into the air by the smoke.

"Let me go!" Lucy felt the smoke tighten around her torso making blood pour out of her wounds much faster than before.

"That puppets role has just finished." Lucy was pulled above Dormanji as she looked down on him. "It is now your time, darling." He thrusted his clouded hand to me making all the smoke rush into Lucy's body. She screamed in agony as the smoke consumed her, the two Dragon slayers could only watch in fear for their blonde friend. " Lucy..." They both whispered, unable to speak.

Lucy squirmed in the hold of the smoke, desperately trying to break free from his hold. Suddenly, all was quiet, distant howls could be heard along with foot steps getting further and further away.

"Now that they are free. It's time to free you." Dormanji said turning his gaze back to Lucy who laid still in his hold. Lucys eyes shot open revealing them in a deep blood red shade. Her injuries slowly fading away as if nothing had harmed her.

The smoke vanished around Lucy, causing her to drop to the ground creating a crater. She stood from the hole to see her eyes shining through the smoke. Dormanji laughed walked closer to Lucy standing beside her as the Dragon Slayers stood up slowly staggering side to side.

"It's been too long my dear queen." Dormaji said placing his arm around Lucy's shoulder.

"I'm sorry for recklessness causing me to be sealed away." Lucy said in a demonic voice that wasn't her own, crossing her arms.

-------------------------

Can you guys name the reference I made about the puppet?!