Chapter Seven: Tokyo Rift

Hermione sighed quietly and boxed up the leftovers. Everything had been delicious and she wasn't kidding about wanting to know the place that sold this pizza. What had even been more delicious was the feel of Draco's body pressed against hers. Her cheeks flushed slightly, thinking of how he'd taken control. He was physically very strong as evident by the iron-like grip he'd had on her hands earlier.

What would those hands feel like on her body?

Would he hoist her up?

Would he- Stop.

Fanning her face, Hermione picked up a pissy Crookshanks who was currently giving her a judging look.

"Don't look at me like that." She muttered, walking over to the bedroom, "I didn't expect tonight to go like that either."

His tail swished back and forth with a tinge of irritation as she set him down on the bed and walked over to the adjacent bathroom. Washing her face, Hermione stopped to place her hand on her chest, over her heart.

It was pounding. Anxiety and anticipation still pumped through her coronary arteries.

She was too curious about this relic and what Draco's friend had in store to stop interacting with him. She was too worried, knowing that a relic like this in the hands of someone vengeful could be disastrous. She also knew another important fact.

Draco Malfoy was bad for her heart.

Especially in reading glasses.

Tokyo Rift - Draco's POV

Draco laughed, taking a moment to slip his glasses back into his pocket. Drunk Granger was a little minx he was eager to get to know. However, he wasn't sure how he felt about this new side of Granger. The one who wore thin pajama pants that made him want to pull her onto his lap make her realize the kind of effect she had on him. She hid them under cardigans and loose t-shirts, but Draco was extremely aware of her curves when her body was pressed against him earlier. It was all he could do not to grind against her like some prepubescent boy, "Is that right? Dearly noted."

He glanced at his watch, frowning as he knew there was another meeting to go to tonight. That's all his days and nights have consisted of for the past few weeks. "Bollocks. I need to go. I've got another meeting."

Granger's eyes flickered over to the Muggle contraption which read the time in digital numbering. "It's almost midnight."

Draco stood up from the oddly placed kitchen table in the center of the room and rubbed his jaw tiredly. "Aren't you observant? Here it is. Not in Tokyo."

She put the breadstick she'd been tediously munching on, back on her plate absently. He wanted to inwardly groan, remembering when her tongue had licked the tip of the breadstick and his mind flashed to throwing her own his shoulder, and putting that tongue to good use.

"What business could you possibly have in Tokyo?" Her eyebrows scrunched forward and a concerned frown marred her pretty face. Since when did he think she was pretty? "Do you plan to even sleep tonight?"

Draco was fine with lust. It was a bodily reaction to a fit piece of arse and he was no stranger to using sex as a way to relieve stress. But thinking that a witch was pretty? Inconceivable. Not in his vocabulary. He had to shut this down.