Chapter Fifty Two: A Trip to St. Mungos

From there it was chaos. Kingsley Shacklebolt about lost his mind seeing the Chosen One on the brink of death. Harry was spirited away with his Auror colleagues and taken away presumably to St. Mungo's.

Hermione sent off her otter patronus to Ginny to let her know what had happened to Harry, but nothing more. As another Auror force went down to apprehend Blaise and Astoria, Draco and Hermione were taken away for questioning with the current Minister.

He brought them to his office on one of the top floors which would soon become Hermione's office. At least that's what she thought after briefing him on what happened.

"Harry Potter hurt is enough to break headlines for weeks... Draco Malfoy involved with the disappearance of the Elder wand... Two pureblood families trying to overturn the Ministry..." Kingsley took his cap off, scratching his head, "Malfoy, this isn't a good look for you."

Draco's smile was cold and his eyes were a steely blue, "Contrary to what you may think, I'm one of the most eligible bachelors around. Money and good looks are all I have."

Kingsley ignored this, turning to Hermione. "People have seen you both together in public. It's not a good look for you either if you're to run for Minister."

She thought about it for a few seconds. A few seconds that would impact the rest of her life. Since she could remember, she'd been fighting for the rights of sentient creatures and preaching equality to anyone that would listen. Being the Minister would give her a stronger voice. A stronger one, but it didn't mean she wouldn't have one as a normal witch.

"If you're implying that by being with Draco, I'll lose candidacy, then you can shove the position up your arse, Kingsley. I wouldn't give up Draco for the world."

Draco coughed into his hand, but his eyes held a light sheen of tears. He wasn't moved by her words-not in the slightest. In reality, he was trying desperately hard not to roar with laughter at Kingsley's bemused expression.

"You both are dismissed. Granger, I expect your resignation by next week. Malfoy? Get out of my office."

It was at that moment that Draco released the bellowing laugh he'd been holding. Even Hermione cracked a smile on the way out, but worry quickly washed it away.

They needed to go to St. Mungos.

A Trip to St. Mungos

Out of respect to Ginny, they waited a few hours before heading to the recovery center in St. Mungos. If Draco had been the one hurt, she'd want a few hours alone with him before anyone tried to visit.

Rita Skeeter didn't have the same respect.

Ginny was downstairs, seething instead of being next to her fiancé. "Listen here you ugly little beetle, my husband is recovering. This hospital doesn't need you and the rest of your reporters filling seats where sick patients should be sitting!"

"We'll leave if you can confirm just one teeny tiny detail, Miss Weasley." Rita waved her hand and her bright green quill popped out along with a piece of parchment, "Is it true that there were reports of Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger, and three other pureblood families at the scene? Is this the work of Death Eaters-"

Hermione went to walk forward, but Draco held her back. A soft smile on his face, "She's not worth it love."

Luckily, no one was holding Ginevra Weasley back, "Prior Death Eater. Draco Malfoy was cleared of his charges and was proven to be a significant asset if you remember Harry and Hermione's testimonies." Her voice raised, "Now I wonder if the case of you being an unregistered Animagus was ever resolved-what with all the chaos going on back in 1998."