Chapter Fifty Three: Epilogue

Epilogue: Two Years Later

Hermione stared at the vanity mirror as she sat down, shaking her tamed curls loose from the plastic curlers she'd tortured herself with. A couple years ago, she'd hoped she looked good enough to eat or at least that's what Ginny had remarked.

Now she was hoping she looked good enough to get engaged to. Draco had been barely present this week, busy with so called meetings. Well, in truth she believed that he was going to meetings, but she highly doubted that he was that interested in going to financial meetings regarding the Malfoy holdings. He had people for that as he liked to profess whenever they were caught up in bed.

All of a sudden this week he had to be the one to go? He missed out on a free orgasm courtesy of her mouth because he couldn't be late to one. With the secret owls... If Hermione wasn't so certain that he was in love with her, she might have accused him of cheating on her.

No, Hermione was convinced that tonight was the proposal. Narcissa had been clean for about six months now of Dreamless Sleep Potions and she could stand to be in the same room as Draco. They'd even started meeting up for a girls brunch with Ginny. Narcissa had casually mentioned twice now that little James Potter was adorable and she couldn't wait for Draco and Hermione to give her grandchildren.

She liked the Matriarch well enough. They'd talked through the war and Hermione had attended a few of her counseling sessions with Draco to be supportive. Counseling had been surprisingly helpful for all of them. Draco had to speak in front of the Wizengamot and watch Blaise and Astoria get charged with various crimes. Treason, attempted murder...

It had taken a slight toll on him, but he was the one who decided to testify. He wanted to prove to the Wizarding World that he hadn't been involved in the plot to overthrow the government. Hermione had a sneaking suspicion it was because he didn't want her career to suffer by being married to a suspected Pureblood elitist.

Speaking of career, Hermione needed to go through her speech she'd deliver to the Americans regarding their ridiculous notions of bringing back Rapport's Law and imposing it on British citizens with dual visa. As the new Minister for Magic, she had quite the work cut out for her. Harry and Draco had been her biggest supporters during the election and beat out Kingsley much to his disdain.

Ginny came through the fireplace having left to retrieve one of her wristlets which would match Hermione's dress perfectly.

"Here, I knew this old thing would look stunning."

The woman's eyes trailed over her outfit. Hermione's dress was a matte black, one shoulder sleeved gown. The fabric clung to her curves and there was a tall slit on her left leg that had to be charmed to stay in place otherwise she'd be giving anyone who looked her way quite the view.

Hermione paired it with black stiletto heels that were red on the underside of the heel. She thought about putting her hair into a chiffon bun, but Draco liked her curls and the way she'd styled them tonight reminded her of when they were trapped in the '40s.

With how perceptive her soon to be fiancé was, Hermione was sure he'd notice the detail. For the past few months, she'd wondered about when Draco would propose and how he would do it. Suggesting a date night out of the blue on the anniversary of when they'd met again had been pretty obvious. Especially the part where he told her to dress fancy.

"You know, don't you?" Ginny mused after a moment, seeing the witch's lips pull into a smirk. "At least pretend to be surprised. He's been planning this for a long time."