Chapter Fourteen: Tending the Flame

"It smells divine." Draco said with a hint of excitement. The potatoes sliced thinly on top were crispy and as he scooped out a portion for her first, Hermione could already tell the carrots and mixed vegetables were tender underneath.

Too excited to wait for it to cool off properly, Draco took the first bite immediately after they sat down together on the sectional. They faced each other and she was eager to see what he thought about the dish.

The noise that left Draco immediately put a blush on her face. It was a deep, groan that made her mind flash with dirty thoughts, and she inconspicuously squirmed underneath the blanket on her lap. He looked at her, his eyes bright with wonder.

"This is the best thing I have ever eaten." He replied honestly, "Do you think you could give this recipe to the House Elves?" Before she had a chance to reply, Draco quickly corrected himself. "Disregard, it wouldn't be the same."

Hermione bit her lip, looking down at the bowl of food expectantly. They really had done a great job working together in the kitchen. Everything came out better than when she cooked alone.... And she was hungry. But she wasn't hungry for food.

Again.

What was wrong with her?

Tending the Flame - DRACO POV

The bowl was hot in his hands, but Draco couldn't give a fuck about the temperature burning him. That's the great thing about magic. When you were a nitwit who couldn't wait for food to properly cool off, there was a spell to heal you. The first bite was a tender serving of lamb with the creaminess of the vegetables bringing everything together.

A pleased noise left Draco. It was absolutely absurd how delicious this Muggle dish was. He looked at Granger, eyes brighting with wonder. Could this be replicated at the Manor?

"This is the best thing I have ever eaten." He spoke honestly which still felt unnatural on his tongue, but he relished in the way she squirmed under his praise, "Do you think you could give this recipe to the House Elves?" Who was he kidding? As if Granger's cooking could be replicated by a House-Elf. "Disregard, it wouldn't be the same."

"What do you mean it wouldn't be the same?"

Unfortunately, there wasn't a spell to stop his heart from racing every time Granger met his gaze or when she bit her lip and looked down. He'd had to recount the entirety of Hogwarts: A History twice now otherwise his cock was going to create a very embarrassing tent in these loose pants she gave him. They were rather comfortable like pajamas, but it was socially acceptable to go outside in these. Muggles.

He cleared his throat, trying to reign back in some of his control. "What I mean is that the House-Elves would have made this significantly better. I'm settling for average."

There it was. The fire in warm brown eyes that he loved to set ablaze. He felt the bowl disappear from his hands. His stomach rumbled as he looked down and then back up at her accusingly.

"Bludger number one: touching my hair. Bludger number two: taking my food." He growled out, threateningly. "Give me my food back, Granger."

Her eyes widened in mock horror. "What are you going to do? Crucio me? Someone in your family beat you to it."