Chapter Nineteen: The Perfect Party Game

"Hermione? Can I get you something?" Tom's voice brought her back and she smiled, refusing to spend even a moment more on that intrusive thought.

She nodded, "May I have eleven spiced meads?"

Draco interjected, "Ah, can we change that to Sherry?"

Tom looked at her with a question. Is that what you want?

Confusion swam through her for a moment. Was he averse to spiced mead? Did something happen? Bad night out? Bad bottle? Then she was reminded of a Ron who was having a seizure in the middle of the floor for drinking a glass of poisoned mead.

Draco had poisoned a bottle of spiced mead once with the intention of killing Dumbledore, but the old Headmaster had given it to Slughorn instead, and then allowed Ron to have a taste of it. Of course he wouldn't want to think about drinking the same beverage he'd try to kill someone with.

Hermione nodded, "Of course, I was in the mood for something sweet anyway."

Theo gave her a small, genuine smile in the way of thanks. Draco was reaching into his wallet, not giving her the opportunity to pay with the pretense that Sherry is more expensive than Mead. Really, the three of them knew he didn't want her paying such an expensive bar tab alone. The sentiment warmed her heart, but she was firm in paying the next round since she was an independent, stubborn, little otter.

The Perfect Party Game

When they arrived back at the table with all the drinks, Harry raised an eyebrow. "Sherry? Craving something sweet tonight?"

"I'm going to go get another brandy." She heard Draco mutter to Theo, who nodded unsurprisingly.

Hermione forgot that he hated sweet drinks. Did he blurt out a random alcohol or did he just pick one knowing she'd like it? He walked off without another word, shifting her attention back to the group in front of her.

"Yes, I hope you all don't mind otherwise I'll buy the next round."

Ginny shook her head, grinning broadly. "It's perfect for what we have in store."

Apprehension caressed her heart, sending a few loud beatings against her chest. "I don't like that look. The last time you smiled like that, we ended up getting piercings."

"Oh, was that where you got your naval piercing? I was surprised." Theo mentioned casually before glancing at Ginny, "What'd you get?"

Harry smirked, thinking that there was no way his fiancé would admit it. Ginny caught his eye and smirked right back. "My n-"

"Ginny."

She winked at Theo, "It's a secret I keep close to my breasts-chest. Whoops, sorry dear."

A good-natured smile rose on Harry's face as he just shook his head and pulled his fiancé into his lap. Another tinge of jealousy ran through Hermione causing her to bring a glass of Sherry to her lips. Was it silly to be jealous of a happy relationship? She never knew she was so desperate for one, but at the same time not just any relationship would do. Her eyes found themselves wandering to the tall blond at the bar, who was waiting for Tom to pour him another goblet of brandy.

"Back to the game because I have no interest in Gin's piercings," Neville proclaimed, holding up a small vial with a mother-of-pearl sheen. "This witches and wizards is Amortentia that I stole from the new Potions Professor."