Chapter Forty Seven: Back from the Dead

"Now you sound like my grandfather." Draco pointed out wryly, "He also warned us about meddling too much."

"As he should. Though it does sound odd of you to refer to young Abraxus Malfoy as your grandfather. He was one of my best students. Always understood the important of taking care of your potion ingredients before harvesting them as such. Though when he and Beatrice were in the same class," Sebastian shook his head, laughing quietly, "The bloody idiot forgot to put in his cotton plugs before repotting Mandrakes. He was so charmed by the young Ravenclaw that he passed out in her arms as soon as he lifted the root out of the soil."

"He passed out into her arms?" Hermione inquired with a grin.

Draco rolled his eyes, but was smiling. "Do you really intend to hold that over him? He was just starting to like you. He didn't refer to you as a mudblood for a whopping five minutes."

"He also suggested that I sleep in the stables. I deserve to make fun of him."

Sebastian balked, "He told you to sleep with the horses?" A deep laugh escaped him and his eyes were shining with amusement, "I apologize for laughing, but he really is a prejudiced bloke. No wonder Ominis hated him."

"You mention that name a lot. Is he your friend?"

"Was. He died a few years ago, but sometimes I do talk as if he's still around nagging me." Sebastian replied with sad eyes, "There's a lot of people I look forward to seeing again when it's my time."

Hermione nodded slowly, taking the moment to look at the Slytherin beside her drinking his fill of brandy. There was going to be a day when Draco didn't exist by her side anymore. It was inevitable. That was the circle of life. But she sincerely hoped that day was very far away and not soon.

If she didn't make it back with him, there would be no point going back at all.

Back from the Dead

Without any warning, the door barged open. Hermione spun around as Draco's wand was already in his hand, pointed at the door. There was an elder man who appeared in similar age to Sebastian, but more lean and taller. His hair was pure white, but parted neatly to the side and she noted that he was blind.

"You bloody wanker. You left me in the store! I was looking everywhere for you." He snapped, pointing at him accusingly.

Sebastian blinked, looking awry. "He's blind and senile. Ignore him. I have no idea who he is."

"I've been your best friend since we were first years." The other gentlemen reflected coldly, "Did you at least make yourself useful and purchase those scrolls for me?"

Hermione's eyes narrowed.

'Though with how much Ominis called me a wanker...'

'He died a few years ago, but sometimes I do talk as if he's still around nagging me'

'Did you at least make yourself useful and purchase those scrolls for me?'

"Ominis?" She inquired, her attention fully on the new wizard.

The wizard in question reacted immediately. His focus shifted to her, but his pale eyebrows drew together in obvious confusion. "Do I know you Miss?" It seemed to her that he was now aware of everyone else in the room. "Sebastian what in Merlin's name are you doing in a private room with Malfoy?" His attention again shifted to Draco, "Don't you have somewhere else to be a bloody prejudiced wanker instead? I'll suffocate in my old age with your outdated philosophies filling the room."