Chapter Thirty Six: Saturday Night Shenanigans

Draco's smile was blinding. "May I negotiate a final term?"

She eyed him with heavy suspicion, blatantly mimicking him from yesterday. "What's the term?"

He smirked, "We say 'I love you' when one of us leaves in the morning. Whether it's you leaving for work or me handling whatever terrible fucking situation my snakes have put themselves in. I'll hand you your coffee to go in the morning, say I love you and you'll say it back."

"Why would I agree to that?" Hermione once again mimicked him as he leaned down towards her.

His lips brushed against hers and she smiled against him. "Because I love you, Hermione Granger. I've been in love with you for a long time now and I wish to tell you every day and every night how much you mean to me."

"Well, Draco Malfoy." Her smile grew and she could feel his smile too, "I like far too much cream and sugar in my coffee and I hate it when it's too hot to drink because then I get distracted and forget about it while it's cooling. Ensure you remember that and I'll say I love you every morning before I leave for work and every night before I fall asleep in your arms."

"I love you." He held his breath, waiting for her. Seeing if it was true.

Her cheeks hurt from smiling. "I love you too."

And then he sealed it with a promising kiss, letting her feel how much he loved her. And she leaned up on the balls of her feet to return his enthusiasm; letting him feel how much she loved him.

Saturday Night Shenanigans

The rest of the week quite honestly flew by in Hermione's opinion. If she woke up in his bed at the Manor, Droopy or Cadskey would have their breakfast ready before she left. If she woke up at her apartment, Draco would attempt at making breakfast which normally meant burnt toast with coffee. He kept informing her that she should take either Cadskey or Droopy and that had left a bad taste in her mouth, and a stinging hex to his leg. The House Elves weren't trading cards to give away or let someone borrow. Plus, they were quite content to stay at Malfoy Manor with each other.

There were consistencies in her startling new relationship. Every morning regardless of whose house it was; Draco would hand her a coffee to go with far too much cream and sugar. They would kiss each other before leaving with the blond adonis trying to convince her to stay longer in bed each morning that passed. They would say I love you and she'd go to work with the largest smile on her face. The best consistency?

Crookshanks proudly eating his fresh fish every morning courtesy of her boyfriend.

It was Saturday again which meant that it should have been another weekend night spent at the Leaky Cauldron with whatever twisted game her friends decided to think of. This time, however, it was only Ginny, Harry, Theo, Luna, Draco, and Hermione present at the Potter's humble abode.

Due to Theo and Luna not dating, but doing everything else that signified dating; the Ravenclaw had been clued in on the ongoing situation with Blaise and Astoria. Since that Sunday morning, Astoria hadn't tried to floo into Draco's bedroom not even once.

Draco had informed Hermione that the Greengrass sister was positively miffed, but begrudgingly respected the boundaries of their relationship. It startled her at first and thought that maybe the Greengrass sister could warm up to her if she stopped being a bitch.