Chapter Thirty Four: Unfair

Instead, she asked him a question after taking a bite of her food, "How did today go?"

Draco was cutting into the pizza with enough force that she was worried he was going to break the plate. "Fucking ridiculous. Blaise did push Astoria and he was beating himself up over it and then had a bloody panic attack I had to get him through. He's so desperate to find a cure for her that he isn't thinking logically and making stupid decisions."

"Would you? Think logically? If it was me?" Hermione asked, regretting the question immediately. She needed to stop asking questions she was afraid to hear the answer to.

He shook his head once, his voice surprisingly soft considering the foul mood he was in. "No, Hermione. I wouldn't." Draco's voice turned stern, "But I would never hurt you."

Unfair - Draco's POV

There were many times in Draco's life when he felt that life was unfair. It was part of the only child syndrome where he thought that everything should go his way and he deserved the world simply for existing. Off the top of his head, he could name a number of things that were currently unfair.

1. Being a child soldier and facing the repercussions alone while his mother succumbed to an addiction.

2. Watching the brilliant, swotty Hermione Granger be treated as replaceable by the different men in her life while he treasured a single moment of time spent with her. Even the moment she punched him in the face.

3. The fact that said witch was currently sitting cross legged next to him in lingerie that made him want to worship the ground she walked on. Honestly if she just sat on his face, he'd be more than content.

Which brought him to the reason why life was unfair. The fucking revengeful little otter made it so that he couldn't touch her for 24 hours or else their negotiations would be voided... And he'd be damned if he lost three nights of sleep with her and two of her home cooked meals.

After dealing with his friends all day and not sleeping the night before, he was exhausted. He needed her to be able to catch up on some sleep tonight, but now he was too pent up with sexual frustration to even think about sleep.

Granger was eating her pizza, mulling over his previous words with a thoughtful look on her face. He wondered if she'd picked up on it yet-the fact that he was hopelessly in love with her. It had shocked him when he'd realized it.

He had woken up shortly after his nightmare when he felt someone kick him in the shin and he was about to avada whoever did it... But then he'd looked down at the mess of curls tickling his nose and the way she'd sleepily snuggled closer to him.

And Draco realized that he loved her irrevocably. He hadn't understood why Blaise was being such a fucking bitch about everything and threatening to overthrow the Ministry, but now he understood. If Granger was in trouble, he'd bring the world to its knees and spare no one. All for the girl who was teaching him what love is without even realizing it.

"Draco?"

He blinked, glancing over, "Sorry, say again?"

Granger pointed to the pizza on his plate, "You've been cutting the same piece for a few minutes now. Try not to break my plate, yeah?"

Draco glanced down to see that the piece he'd sectioned off had been cut long ago and now the minx beside him was trying not to laugh. He sent her a half-hearted sneer. She blatantly ignored it with the nosy look on her face.