Chapter Forty Six: Meeting Professor Sallow

There was another reason for coming to Tombes and Scrolls. Perhaps there were old scrolls about healing Dark Magic that could held Ast-

CRASH

"Bloody hell!" She heard a deep voice shout startled.

A bunch of scrolls fell to the ground as she accidentally collided with someone as they turned the corner. Hermione fell back onto her behind as she looked up to see an older gentleman that was likely in his late sixties. He fixed his spectacles, his broad frame reaching toward to lend her a hand up. She took it, seeing that the older man was wearing Professor robes with the herbology crest and a small, green snake next to it.

"Sorry about that," He apologized, waving his hand to collect the scrolls with nonverbal magic, "That old bugger always tells me to be more mindful when I'm collecting research." Noticing her confusion, he gave her a chagrin smile. "I think I've lost my manners in my old age. I'm the Herbology Professor at Hogwarts. Sebastian Sallow. And you are?"

Meeting Professor Sallow

Hermione squinted at him which may have come off as rude because his eyebrow raised. "You're Sebastian Sallow?"

"Last I checked." He mused thoughtfully in a gruff voice, "Though with how much Ominis called me a wanker, I may have to check again."

The friendship he appeared to have with someone named Ominis made her smile. It sort of reminded her of Draco and Theo. "You wrote the notes."

"I write a lot of notes. Comes with the job description of being a Herbology Professor." He pointed out, "I don't think I caught your name. What was it?"

"Hermione Granger." Her smile turned apologetic before taking a glance at the scrolls he was holding. They all dealt with healing and removing Dark magic. Exactly what she was looking for, "Did the relic not work for you?"

Sebastian gazed at her as if taking the time to truly look at her now. His silver white hair was wavy as he pushed it back and she noticed that he had a lot of freckles on his sun tanned skin. The crows feet around his eyes made it evident that he spent most of his life laughing, but there was a depth to his oak colored eyes which made her wonder what was haunting him.

"How do you know about the Relic? It was destroyed and there was absolutely no one there except for my sister, my uncle, and I." His voice was firm, allowing no room for argument, "Don't tell me you've somehow found that blasted thing?"

It was actually in a pouch at Malfoy Manor along with an Invisibility Cloak passed down through the Potter family, but did he really have to know that?

Hermione crossed her arms, "I'll give you answers if you give me answers."

Before he could retort, Draco came around and kissed her cheek while holding a scroll in his hand, "Are you ready to go, love?"

"Abraxus." Sebastian looked absolutely horrified, "Where's Beatrice?"

Her eyebrows raised, "Well we didn't account for you being mistaken for your...er...did we?'

"Not in the slightest." Draco remarked unapologetically, "Who are you?"

"Sebastian Sallow." The Professor replied bemused.