Chapter Twenty Four: Finding Her

The git dared to glance up, "You'd go to Azkaban for murder."

"Do you think I'd let that happen?" Nott came around, snapping his fingers as a flame appeared over his index finger. He held it close to the shopkeeper's cheek, starting to harm him. The scent of burning flesh wafted in the air. "Let's not play dumb, Borgin. I have enough connections in the Ministry to plant the evidence on someone else."

Borgin screamed as the third degree burns were inflicted on his face. He let the stupid git go, but not before rearing his fist back and landing a harsh blow on the back of the shopkeeper's head. He was knocked out instantly, slumping down onto the floor with a heavy thud.

"I'm going to pretend I didn't hear any of this." Potter reflected, pointing over to the cat disappearing from view, "Is there a basement here?"

Draco nodded, "There is."

There was an underground room where many wizards from the Ministry disappeared into during the First and Second Wizarding War. There was also a floo chimney down there for easy access of transferring prisoners and a holding cell to detain them. A sick feeling settled in Draco as he followed the stupid cat down the stairs.

He would find her.

He would save her.

Draco clenched his jaw, descending down onto the last step.

Please let it be soon.

Finding Her

The explosion rocked the cell, startling her. Could it be him? It was still night... Could Draco have really found her so quickly? She was sure that the floo chimney couldn't be traced.

Silence was heavy in the air as she waited for someone to descend down the stairs.

"Granger is mine." A bellow travelled down the stairs, sending a rush of heat in between her legs and her face.

Draco.

That bad temper was undeniably his and she adored the possessiveness in his voice. He was here to save her. She tried to move towards the door, but her legs still refused to cooperate. Were there negative effects from the Jelly-Legs jinx being casted for an excessive amount of time? Was blood still flowing through her major arteries?

Savage and intrusive thoughts filled her mind until a familiar half-kneazle cat scampered down the stairs. Quick to follow and right on his tail, Draco rushed down after him and casted the lumos charm. The tip of his wand glowed as his eyes searched the room.

"Draco? Draco!" Hermione tried to lift herself up by holding onto the iron bars, but it was no use. Since the war, she'd lost most of her athletic ability. How did Draco pick her up so easily? "I'm here!"

Following Draco was Theo, Harry, Ginny, and then Luna. They all quickly glanced around the room, but their faces fell.

"She's not here." Ginny reflected, sighing.

Crookshanks huffed, swishing his tail back and forth. He almost appeared annoyed and walked forward towards the cage.

"Maybe she was here?" Theo glanced over at the floo chimney that had been blasted to pieces, "It looks like she wanted to make sure you didn't fall for the trap."