Chapter Fifty One: The Ceremony Revisited

Draco was standing in front of her, his perceptive eyes searching hers.

The question flew out out of her mouth, "Where were you when you stole the relic from Blaise?"

"About three meters to his right." He said simply, but didn't ask anything else as he saw she was working through a problem in her mind, and didn't want to hinder her with a distraction.

Three maybe four meters was not the corner of her eye. She saw something, but after that Blaise casted the curse towards her, and Harry saved her life.

Which meant one thing: What her and Draco were about to do now... It worked. She relayed this to Draco as much, but his expression didn't change much.

He never doubted her her abilities. He had faith in her.

The door opened as Draco and her wrapped the invisibility cloak around themselves, and Hermione put the golden chain around the both of them. Abraxas leaned against the doorframe, the ghost of a fond smile on his lips.

"Cadskey, do make sure you clean this room well. It reeks of Mudblood."

Hermione scoffed, but hid her smile as Draco flipped off his Grandfather before Apparating outside the Ministry telephone.

It was time to go back.

The Ceremony Revisited

They snuck down to the lowest level of the Ministry again where the fight had occurred. Hermione glanced at Draco one last time and smiled when he bent down to kiss her underneath the cloak.

"You can do this, love. We both know you can." He assured her quietly.

She took a deep breath before the chain was placed on both of them and she turned the hour glass. It was far more times than she had to at Hogwarts. This wasn't a few hours or minutes.

This was days. Months. Years. Decades.

Draco's arm was wrapped around her waist as the room became a blur. It wasn't until they settled on a familiar scene, that Hermione knew she'd been right.

They both appeared about six meters from the fight; barely in Hermione's field of vision. She saw herself standing there looking deep in though before her eyes flashed over to where they stood briefly.

"Swot." Draco muttered, barely audibly beside her.

She nudged him in response, choosing to stay quiet. They both watched as Blaise was shoved to the ground and Draco had taken the pieces of the relic in the dark blue pouch with golden engravings.

"Don't hurt him!" Astoria shrieked, brandishing her wand, and pointing at the invisible figure above Blaise.

The old Hermione's eyes widened while she pointed her wand at Astoria, "Expelliarmus!"

The witch's wand was ripped from her grasp and she stumbled backwards. She fell to the ground and laid there crumpled; unable to take the slightest fall. While the other Hermione had a forlorn expression on her face watching the weak witch, this Hermione chose to stare at Blaise. The fear of losing the love of his life was real. It was enough to make any man desperate and Harry knew that. Harry was watching Blaise's morals crumble.