Chapter Fifteen: Liquid Courage

It was Potter and the Ministry's problem now. Draco used reparo charms, fixing the apartment until it looked like it did before the three wizards decided to ruin his date night. He snorted. Date night. As if.

Although he wondered if Hermione was going to want to come back here. It was an honest mistake with the wards, but he was worried now that people knew where she lived, and they wanted something from her.

Draco recasted the wards, stronger this time, and a lot more sinister as anyone without permission would find themselves suffocating when their lungs would automatically burst upon entry.

"Come on fur-ball." Draco tried to pull the half-kneazle off of him, but the bloody thing wouldn't let go of his shoulder. "Bloody hell. Fine then. Let's get you back to Mummy then you whipped bastard."

He flinched as the claws sunk further into his shoulder, no doubt drawing blood this time. It was like the stupid cat was trying to call him a hypocrite. Draco couldn't decide who was more excited to get back to Hermione.

Him?

Or the ugly leech on his back?

Liquid Courage

Hermione rushed through the floo network, yelling at the top of her lungs when she appeared in a dark bedroom with only a dim candle near the bed. "THEODORE!"

The sound asleep wizard looked like he was convulsing for a few seconds as she scared the living daylights out of him. He sat up, waving his hand to turn on the lights. Theo's brown hair was a mess of curls and he brought up sheet to cover his chest.

"Merlin's left saggy-Hermione-Are you crying? Blimey, close your eyes so I can put on a pair of trousers." Theo swore loudly and colorfully enough for a Muggle nun to blush a thousands shades of red. There was some tumbling heard, but a few moments later, he told her he was wearing pants now. "Where's Draco?"

She snipped, furiously wiping her eyes, "Three dark wizards stormed into the apartment. They threw Unforgivables at us-All the killing curse. Draco went back to get Crookshanks for me."

"How many wizards were there?"

"Three."

"Only three?"

"What do you mean only three?"

Theo snorted inwardly, sitting on his bed and running a hand through his disheveled hair. "He'll live. Probably. Wait who's Crookshanks?"

"My familiar, the cat I had as a student."

He blinked, "The thing Draco used to say looked like a-" Seeing her face still wet with tears, Theo must have decided that now was certainly not the time, "Uh, so you're telling me that Draco is risking his life right now for a cat?"

"Not just any cat," Hermione said defensively as she crossed her arms, "Crookshanks is my family."

"Right." Theo said slowly, "And just to clarify, Draco is risking his life for a cat? A cat that you care about? A cat that you asked him to save?"

"I didn't ask him to."

Theo snickered, his eyes bright with amusement and disbelief. "Bloody hell. This is better than the dream I had about the time Pansy gave me a-"