Chapter Forty Two: The Ceremony Gone Wrong

"You're fucking insane if you think I'm not going to accompany her on a dangerous situation. Don't give me that look, I was careful not to say 'allow you to go.'" He barked out, standing up, "Zabini is my problem. I'm not going to let you blokes send him off to Azkaban when he's desperate to find a way to cure Astoria and bring an uprising to a Ministry who doesn't give a fuck about us!"

Hermione walked over, seeing his temper start to rise. She wrapped his arms around him from the side, feeling his chest heaving with unbridled rage.

She raised an eyebrow, "Harry? Do you still have that cloak Dumbledore gave you?"

"Ah. Bollocks. I know where you're going with this." Harry sighed heavily, before glancing at Draco. "Fine, you can come."

Draco regarded him coldly, "Thanks for you permission."

Harry stood up, making his way over to the floo. "I'll send it over shortly. Meet me in the Atrium at ten o'clock. I'll try to diffuse the situation on my own until then."

The Ceremony Gone Wrong

Hermione had changed into a pair of black jeans and an oversized navy blue cardigan. Draco donned on his usual attire of a matte black suit, but he was also holding the Invisibility Cloak in his hands.

Draco's lip curled at the material, "You want me to put on this ratty cloak?"

"Do you want to come with us today?" Hermione cocked her hip, crossing her arms with a stern look on her face.

His lips formed a pout. "Fine. But it smells terrible."

"Ginny and I had sex in it." Harry replied easily, grinning when the look of horror flashed across the wizard's face, "Kidding."

Rolling her eyes, Hermione gestured for him to put it on as they walked through the Atrium all together. There was a horde of Aurors waiting by the elevator with Shacklebolt talking to a couple of them now.

"Ah, Potter." He greeted and then noticed Hermione next to him, "He said you were coming with him. I didn't realize you and... Zabini were good friends."

Hermione shrugged lightly, "I have lots of friends."

"Well yes, but considering his previous... Endeavors..." Shacklebolt hinted not so subtly with a few people nodding their heads in agreement.

This caused a bright smile to form on her face, "Well, I'm not in the mindset of judging people solely based off their past. Any Minister for Magic should be open minded and give people second chances, right?"

Shacklebolt coughed uncomfortably, "Yes, well. If they deserve it. Zabini on the other hand has the Elder Wand and a relic thought to have been destroyed years ago."

"We'll handle it." Harry said coolly before gesturing for Hermione to go first. He gave some distance, allowing Draco to go after her and used the opportunity to talk to Shacklebolt, "I don't foresee any issues, Sir. We'll be back shortly."

Everyone including Hermione was wondering where his easy going confidence was coming from. She didn't know how this would go simply if Draco and Astoria had struck out for the last few days trying to talk some sense into him.

As they went down in the elevator to the lowest level, Hermione leaned against Draco slightly for comfort. She wished that things were different and he didn't have to be treated so unfairly, but to a degree she understood people's weariness about prior Death Eaters. A lot of people had been personally affected by loss. She understood, but she didn't agree with how they channeled their anger.