⁴ˣ¹². ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʷⁱˡᵈ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵃʳᵉ

season four, episode twelve

Ryan Grey was happy for once

Ryan Grey was happy for once. He was content with how his internship was going and especially the relationship him and Rose are creating between them.

He walked alongside Rose chatting to the scrub nurse with a charming smile as they met up with Derek and Sarah who had seen the duo, "Have you heard about the contest?" Derek questioned the surgical intern, "No.. What contest?" Ryan questioned confused about what contest Derek was going on about, "I'll see you tonight?" Rose said to the Grey male who charmingly smiled, "See you tonight."

"Morning."

Derek and Ryan stop near to where Mark was at the desk, "What do you see in them? Is it the hot sex? Are they animals? Are they bobcats?" Dr Sloan questioned, "Mark.." Ryan said, "Oh. Come on, Lady on the streets, tramp in the sheets, am I right?"

Ryan played along to Mark's game, "Oh, yeah. She's amazing. Hot. Sweaty." He explained to the Plastic Surgeon, "Very dirty, hot, sweaty sex." He included as Derek looked down to the chart, "You two haven't slept with them yet, have you?"

Derek closed the file, "She's waiting until we're serious. She has morals, she's a lady. And besides do you know what's better than sex?" Derek questioned Mark, "What?"

"Anticipation." Derek and Ryan leaned closer to Mark, "Anticipation, my friend." The Grey male went past his friend with a charming smile.

____

Ryan went towards the supply closet seeing his half sister getting supplies from the shelves, "Stupid, stupid contest. Stupid. Irresponsible." George said when Ryan entered the room, "I want to play."

"Play what? Play in the contest?" He questioned George about the contest his sister was participating in, "Yes. I want to play in that contest."

Izzie Stevens then comes into the room, "I need a butterfly needle, a vacutainer, and maybe an LP kit." She stated to what Ryan had gotten into his hands, "I'm twenty-six points behind I need it fast." Ryan handed the resident the supplies she needed, "Here."

"Thanks, Ryan." Izzie thanked the Grey brother who smiled charmingly at Izzie, before it went from his face after hearing about George and Izzie breaking off whatever they were doing together, which meant she was single. "What you got? Something good?"

"A sprained ankle." Izzie stated to them as George didn't face his friend, "Twenty-six points for a spat sprained ankle?" George chuckled, "Last time Callie treated what we thought was a sprained ankle, it turned out the patient was malnourished, had a perforated ulcer and died on the table." Ryan made a weirded out face to Izzie, "The the best case scenario." George sarcastically commented to what Izzie looked at him, "Not the death part, the medical mystery part. It's eighty points for solving a medical mystery. The holy grail of the competition." She said explaining the competition to George, "Oh, yeah. Sometimes an ankle's just an ankle though."

"Dude—"

Izzie came near to where George stood, "Scncope, a very strange rash, pale, insidious onset on a guy who travels a lot, this is not just an ankle!" Izzie claimed making Ryan chuckle at how she wanted her patient to be something more than what it was, "Bye."

Lexie then grabbed a underpad, "I could do a lot with this." She claimed looking at the pad, "Lex, that's an underpad. Underpass soak urine." Ryan commented to what Lexie looked at, "Or it could be a placemat." Ryan shook his head at his sister's words before leaving the supply closest.

____

"Whoa!" Ryan came face to face with a case full of flowers, "What is this? Is this a hint?" He questioned when seeing Rose behind the flowers, "I should be getting you more gifts." He replied to what Rose looked at him, "A grateful patient gave them to me. But since you're asking, I do like a nice box of chocolates."

Ryan smiled at the women, "You're going to die of a diabetic coma and I don't want any part of it." He commented to what Rose just smiled at, "Cheapskate." She said out loud to what Ryan only smiled wider at the comment, "Crackhead."

He said when passing near to the women not seeing Izzie looking at the Grey intern who put his hands into his white coat after passing the women he was seeing, "Have you seen him?" Rose then questioned when coming to where Izzie and Lexie were, "I have," Both women replied, "Have you seen his eyes?"

"He is my brother so I have," Izzie's pager then went off, "I've got to go." She admitted walking away from Lexie and Rose, "I'm trying to play it cool, I am playing it so, so cool cause I've heard the rumours about him. But I love him." Rose admitted to Lexie about her brother.

Lexie's eyes widened, "Oh, my god. I don't know you. I didn't say that." She replied walking away from the intern, to what Lexie glanced at the flowers before taking them.

____

"I'm thinking we ought to have a little contest of our own." Mark stated when him and his intern for the day, Ryan passed a scrub nurse, "You want to live in the hospital like rodents?" Ryan then questioned his attending, "Different kind of contest." Mark stated making Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, "You and Rose aren't exclusive, right?"

Ryan hummed at the question, "So I'm thinking—" Ryan looked at the Plastic Surgeon, "You're not serious." Mark continued, "One women, ten points. Two women, same time, twenty points. You get out before anybody wakes up, five points bonus." Mark explaimed the contest, "You are serious." Ryan said to the attending who only smiled, "You need a little spice in your life right now. I'm just trying to help." Mark said to his intern with his hands in his coat pockets, "I am truly a worse human being for knowing you." Ryan commented to what Mark smiled at.

____

"Ok."

Rose smiled at Ryan who leaned in with a charming smile placing his lips onto Rose's lips who was content with the kiss when Ryan pulled back seeing a dazed look in Rose's eyes making him smile, "I'll see you." He commented making Rose smile again when her hand moved out touching Ryan's hand who glanced down to their hands then back up to Rose's blushed cheeks, "Bye."

Meredith came towards her brother when seeing Ryan smiling contently, "You're smiling. You never smile." Meredith stated making Ryan furrowed his eyebrows at his sister's words, "I do smile," He admitted to Meredith who looked at him, "Yeah, but not like that—"

And when Ryan gave her a face, she contained, "Like you're happy." She admitted as Ryan ran a hand through his dark hair, "There's something about her. She's different." He stated as Meredith smiled at her little brother, "It's good to see you happy, Ryan."

"So how's your patient?" He questioned his sister when seeing paper in her hands, "He has a brain tumour," Meredith said to what Ryan frowned at, "But I think I found a way to save lives. I don't know for sure, but I think uh we can save people who have the tumour Mr Robinson has." Meredith told her brother, "I did all this research. And I found this."

She showed her brother the article, "It hasn't been done with humans yet but I could find patients for a clinical trial and I can do the labwork—" Ryan put his hand onto Meredith's arm, "Mer, I'm not the one you need to be showing this to." He stated to his sister, "I'm just a surgical intern. I'm not a neurosurgeon yet." He admitted as Meredith nods her head, "I know but—"

Ryan looked at Meredith, "You need to talk to him." He added to what Meredith sighed knowing that Ryan was right.