⁷ˣ¹⁹. ⁱᵗˢ ᵃ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ʷᵃʸ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ

season seven, episode nineteen

Ryan decided to take some time off to help his baby mama with their little one, especially since Caitlin was still living with the Grey male which Ryan had liked since Lexie spent most of her time at his childhood home because of Jackson

"Hi little one." Ryan smiled down at his daughter when seeing Rilynn's blue eyes open, Ryan and Caitlin both decided that Rilynn shouldn't sleep in their bed since the two would get too attached and would never want her to leave their bed.

He ran his finger over his daughter's little chubby cheeks as Rilynn put on a little smile making Ryan gaze lovingly down at the sight of his daughter, "Daddy loves you so much, yes, he does."

Ryan knew that Callie was still on bed rest as his injured friend couldn't move her hands properly, or even sit up by herself, "I was thinking that I could take Rilynn to the hospital to see Callie, maybe seeing Rilynn will cheer her up."

Caitlin looked at Ryan from where the redhead stood near to the bathroom door, "Ryan, it'll only make Callie upset that she can't see Sofia yet." The redhead admitted as Ryan frowned, "Have you seen her yet?"

"She's so small." Ryan said when remembering how his goddaughter looked like, "I want to hold her but she's not off the vents yet," He spoke as Caitlin washed her face as Ryan made silly faces down to his daughter, "Soon, you'll be able to meet your cousin, and then you and Sofia can be best of friends." He said with a smile.

____

Ryan walked through Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital with his daughter against his chest in a baby sling as Rilynn was looking around at her father's workplace, "Is this where Mommy and Daddy work, we save people's lives here." He explained down to his daughter.

"You know she doesn't understand you yet, right?"

Ryan turned his head seeing Lucy standing there, with her blonde still up in a half up-half down style that he certainly liked, "Hey." He smiled when seeing her, "I know but I read somewhere, it's good to talk to her, even if she can't understand me, yet."

Lucy came closer to him, when looking down at where Rilynn's little hands were, holding her hand in hers, "She's adorable." Ryan nods his head, "She really is."

She glanced at the small baby then to Ryan, "She has your eyes." And Rilynn did have his eyes, where a lighter blue compared to Ryan's darker blue ones.

"So about dinner tonight—" Lucy cut Ryan off, "Ryan, it's okay. Your—whatever you and Caitlin are, just had a baby. It's okay, we can reschedule." Ryan looked at the blonde, his blue eyes searching hers, "Thank you." He kissed her lips pulling back with a smile, as Lucy looked up into his blue eyes, "I'll message you."

"I'll be waiting." He smirked as Lucy chuckled walking away from him as he went towards the nurse's office asking where his Pediatric mentor was.

And when he got the information, he thanked the nurse with a kind smile who went crazy over how adorable Rilynn was.