⁶ˣ⁰². ᵍᵒᵒᵈᵇʸᵉ

season six, episode two

It had been twenty-one days

It had been twenty-one days. Twenty-one days until Ryan Grey had actually slept properly, ever since the death of the beloved resident, George O'Malley. Ryan didn't understand why he wasn't sleeping properly since him and George wasn't even that close compared to his sisters' relationship with George.

Ryan laid in his bed, wide awake as the night rushed past him staring up at his ceiling wall before his alarm clock had went off, dictating that it was time.

"Time to go to work."

He moved his body out of his bed, his feet touching the ground of his bedroom, sliding on the first t-shirt he saw when opening up his wardrobe along with a pair of trosuers, coming towards Lexi's bedroom, knocking onto the door twice, "Lex? Lexie?" He repeated, his ear against his sister's door listening for any cries.

He sighed thinking that maybe she was already at the hospital, running a hand through his hair exiting his apartment and going towards Seattle Grace Hospital.

"Dr Grey." Derek smiled when he sees his best friend in the elevator, "How are we doing this morning?" Derek questioned Ryan who had his duffel bag on his shoulder, "I'm fine, Derek." Ryan reassured, knowing how the neurosurgeon would be like.

Everyone in their group knew that Ryan wasn't sleeping. Since Lexie had spilled that she had seen her half brother in the kitchen whenever she was half awake hearing Ryan wide awake in the kitchen making something for himself.

____

"I'm here, sorry."

Richard Webber walked past Ryan where the Grey male sees Karev looking at Arizona Robbins who had her head tilted down, "Dude, are you crying?"

"I have authority issues." Arizona admitted, "Walk away, Karev, Grey." The intern and resident looked at one another before moving out of the room, "Follow up on some post-ops." Alex said to the intern who nods his head, "Until you're feeling better."

"I am fine." Alex then turned to look at his intern for the day, searching Ryan's eyes seeing the tiredness in his eyes, "No you're not, and I'm not having you anywhere near my patients when you're not sleeping, you could kill someone," Alex Karev said to the intern where multiple eyes were now on them.

Ryan looked away from Alex Karev, where the passing doctors and nurses all turned their head away, "Look, Karev." Ryan stopped the resident from going anywhere, "I'd just send Andy and his mom to a different hospital,"

"Why? Why would we do that?"

Ryan looked at the resident, "Because we aren't helping them, they have came in so many times, and no one can diagnose what he has," He admitted, "And anyways, Callie went to Mercy West, she'll help," He reassured his resident with a half smirk, "How do you know she'll help?"

"Because it's Mercy West and they have a 3D MRI scanner that they will actually use," Ryan admitted to Alex, "I will go and tell Robbins." Ryan hummed as he went to the nurse's station to follow up on his patient's post-ops.

____

Ryan and the women he was with stopped when hearing the door of his apartment door close, "Lexie?" He said out loud hearing footsteps where his sister's face comes into view, "Oh, my god—" Lexie shrieked when seeing her brother naked.

"Sorry! Sorry!"

Lexie apologised as she went around the corner, "I will be in my room!" She yelled out as Ryan sighed, "Sorry, I'm sorry." He apologised to his half sister.

His eyes went back to the women he had laid out on his kitchen countertop, her body looking good underneath the countertop lights, "God, you are so sexy." He leaned down, kissing the women with a smirk plastered on his lips.

Pulling back, as her—when George's face comes into view as Ryan fell off of the counter with a groan, "Oh, my god. Are you okay?" The women asked as Ryan nods his head, "I'm fine, just—" He groaned at the pain in his side.

She came off of the countertop, kneeling down to where Ryan was on the ground, "Are you okay?" Her hands touched at his arm, to what Ryan looked at her, "I'm good," He reassured her, "I think it's time to go," The women scoffed at Ryan's words hitting his arm as the Grey male groaned once again at the pain she caused him, "Go screw yourself,"

She picked up her clothes putting them on leaving Ryan's apartment, slamming the door closed behind her as Ryan got up from his kitchen floor, getting ahold of his boxers and pants.

____

The surgeons and nurses all surrounded the massive staircase, with Ryan furrowing his eyebrows walking to where his half sister and sister was, "What is this about?"

Lexie shrugged her shoulders as Meredith then looked at her brother, "Chief Webber had something to announce," Ryan looked at the Chief of Surgery, "I know you all have heard a lot of rumours, and I'm sorry for that. And what I'm about to say will be hard to hear, and I'm sorry for that as well." Richard Webber told his staff.

Ryan looked at his friends, "The economic climate is—You all know what it is." Richard then said, "In the coming weeks, Seattle Grace Hospital will be merging with Mercy West." The surgeons all murmured, "I wish I could tell you, you'll all survive the merger, but there are only so many jobs. And the board and I have some tough choices to make."

Ryan shook his head, "I'm on your side, people. I'm rooting for every one of you. All I can say is please, be at your very best." The Chief of Surgery walked down the stairs passing his surgeons and nurses.