⁸ˣ⁰¹. ᶠʳᵉᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ

season eight, episode one

Ryan tried soothing his daughter who cried, "Rilynn, it's ok, it's ok, sweetie

Ryan tried soothing his daughter who cried, "Rilynn, it's ok, it's ok, sweetie." He tried, swaying back and forth as his daughter kept crying, "Mommy's sleeping, can we not wake up, Mommy, please."

He tried, holding Rilynn's pacifier in his hand who spat out the pacifier, continuing to cry as Ryan set his daughter down back into her crib when seeing his guitar in the corner of the room, "Ok, ok, ok."

"I've got sunshine, on a cloudy day," Ryan sang when looking down at his daughter, "When it's cold outside, I've got the month of may." He sang, slowly playing his guitar, "I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way?"

"My girl, my girl, my girl, talkin' 'bout my girl, my girl." He smiled when he saw his daughter's eyes slowly closing as he let outa breath not realising that Caitlin was standing in the doorway when she heard Ryan playing his guitar.

"You're pretty good." Ryan turned when seeing Caitlin, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, this was the only way she'd go back to sleep." Caitlin nods her head as Ryan looked down at his sleeping daughter.

She looked at her baby daddy, "You should go back to sleep, you haven't got that long left until you're up, and teaching the new interns," Ryan smiled at that, "I'm kind of excited and I couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares again?" And when Ryan shook her head, she gave him a look, "I'm sure, it's not the nightmares again, I just couldn't fall back asleep, since I now have interns." He said to his baby mama.

Caitlin smiled, "Well good luck, today. You'll need it." He furrowed his eyebrows, "My intern year wasn't that year." He then remembered where his intern group did a procedure on one of their own, "Ok, maybe I do need luck." Caitlin chuckled, patting his shoulders as the two of them stood outside of Rilynn's bedroom.

____

"Watkins, Hodgson, Evans, Hopkins and Simmons, You're with Dr Ryan Grey." April Kepner told Ryan's interns, who looked around confused on where their resident was.

Imogen stepped forwards with a confused look, "Who is Ryan Grey?" She questioned the Chief Resident who pointed off in the direction of where Ryan Grey stands at a nurse's desk talking to a redhead who held their baby in a sling, waving at his daughter as Caitlin walked away.

"Follow." The interns did as said, "A month ago you were in med school being taught by doctors, and now you are the doctors." Ryan told them the same speech he had to go through his first day as a surgeon.

"I have five rules. Memorise then. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up. I already hate you, that's not gonna change." Behind him, Connor and Jason shared a look, "Rule number two, trauma protocols, phone lists, pagers,"