⁶ˣ¹³. ˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ ᵒᶠ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ

season six, episode thirteen

Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, making his way through the crowd and towards where his sister and friends stood, waiting for their new chief of surgery to start his speech, "What the hell is he wearing?"

Callie Torres questioned when coming to where Ryan Grey stood with his half sister, "He looks good. Chiefly." Owen Hunt admitted, "He looks like an undertaker." Cristina added making Ryan and Owen both chuckle.

"I promised him we'd clap." Arizona told them, where Ryan sees his half sister looking back making eye contact with her now ex boyfriend who moved his eyes away from hers.

"Now?" Cristina teased as Ryan looked at his half sister who just gave him a sad smile.

The crowd of nurses and surgeons quietened down as Derek cleared his throat, shuffling through his flashcards.

"I want to thank you all for being here." He told them. "I know you're busy so I'll try to make this quick. As you might have heard, I have been appointed the new interim Chief of Surgery. It's my personal goal to make this transition as smooth as possible."

"Here it comes." Alex Karev said, "I know we've head a rocky few months, mistakes have been made." Derek told them all as Alex then said, "He's talking about the merger." To what Lexie shh'd the Karev male, "I intend to right those wrongs and bring this hospital back to it's former glory."

"Former glory." The cardio resident mocked. "The undertaker needs a speech writer."

Ryan didn't move his eyes away from where Derek stood until Reed spoke up, "Check out Chief Webber."

Richard and Derek seemed to be in some sort of stare down for a moment, "And, huh... what I meant by that... what I'm trying to say is that I want to thank you for your support in advance, that's all. Let's go back to work."

Ryan made eye contact with his best friend who stood far away from Lexie, before Arizona started to clap her hands in support for their new interim Chief of Surgery.

"Grey."

Ryan and Lexie both looked at where Arizona Robbins came to where they stood together, "Male Grey." Arizona clarified as Lexie started to walk away, "I hear that you're the future of Peds." The blonde claimed.

"Excuse me?"

Jackson Avery who stood behind him smiling, "Yeah, a little birdie named Bailey whispered it in my ear. I want you to work with me today so I can see if she's right." The Grey male furrowed his eyebrows, "What did she say?"