⁷ˣ⁰¹. ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵇᵒʳⁿ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ

season seven, episode one

Meredith sat by her brother's hospital bed in Seattle Pres as the Grey male hadn't woken up from surgery that Teddy Altman and Owen Hunt had performed on their resident

Her hand holding her brother's IV hand that didn't move as Ryan was still asleep from all the anaesthesia and drugs they put him on, "Please, Ryan, wake up, I can't lose you." Meredith said to her brother, tears streaming down her face as she held onto his hand, "Please don't leave me."

Ryan slowly opened his eyes, the light in the room making his eyes squint for a bit to adjust to the brightness before he hears someone sobbing next to him, "Meredith?" His voice comes out as a rasp from being asleep, "Ryan? Ryan." Meredith said when seeing her brother awake, "You're awake, you're awake." She repeated as Ryan looked at his sister.

"Where's Caitlin? Is she okay?" He asked with his head still against his pillow, "She's ok, Ryan. Her and the baby are ok." Ryan nods his head blinking away the tears threatening to fall from his eyes, "Are you okay? How's the baby?"

Tears shined in her eyes as Ryan frowned, knowing what they meant, "No." He said as Meredith nods her head, "No, that—" Meredith squeezed her brother's hand, "I lost the baby, Ryan."

A tear fell down his face, "This shouldn't of happened. This shouldn't of happened." He repeated shaking his head, "You were going to have a baby, and—" Meredith shook her head, "It's ok."

"It's not okay, Mer. How can this be okay? You and Derek wanted to have this kid, and—" Meredith stopped her brother seeing his heart rate spiking, "Calm down, you're having a panic attack." She told her brother, "You-you lost your baby." Ryan said in a daze, "Because of the shooting, I'm sorry," He apologised to his sister.

"It's not your fault, Ryan. It's—" Meredith tried reassuring her brother as Ryan shook his head, "I should of have been there," He said to his sister, "I should of protected you better, then you wouldn't have lost your baby." He said looking at Meredith with tears falling down his face.

"Ry. Ry. Ryan." Meredith stopped her brother from panicking anymore, "Its ok, my uterus is unstable, I probably would have lost the baby anyways," Meredith said truthfully as Ryan sniffled, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Ryan, you need to breathe. Breathe in," Ryan did as said breathing in through his nose, "And out." Through his nose, feeling his sister's thumb go over his knuckle, "Its ok. I'm fine, and you're ok. That's all I care about." Meredith stated.

More and more tears kept falling from Ryan's eyes as a knock on the door moved Ryan's attention from his sister to Lexie who entered the room, "You're awake." Ryan tried to smile through his tears, "How's Caitlin? Is she okay?"

Lexie nods her head coming to Ryan's side, "She's okay, and so is the baby." She clarified holding Ryan's hand in hers who groaned at the pain now coursing through his arm, "Oh, your shoulder, I forgot!" Lexie panicked looking at Ryan.