⁵ˣ⁰⁵. ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵒ ⁱ ⁱⁿ ᵗᵉᵃᵐ

season five, episode five

Ryan furrowed his eyebrows when he had been dragged away from the nurse he was practically flirting with in the main area of the hospital, Lexie holding her brother's arm, "Where are we going?"

"I don't know. Dr Bailey just came into the resident's lounge and told them to follow her." Ryan nods his head at that, walking behind his older sister and next to his half sister, "You'll see when we get there." The shorter resident replied, "I'm on Dr Sloan's service today," Ryan's resident commented.

Dr Bailey shook her head, "Everyone's off their services. You're all with me." George then joined the big group with raised eyebrows, "Where are we going?" He questioned, "You'll see when we get there." The interns and residents all replied.

Lexie looked at the O'Malley boy as Ryan rolled his eyes walking ahead of his half sister not wanting to listen to her attempt to flirt with the new resident, "Dr Bailey, Dr Sloan is doing a transpalatal advancement, I've never seen one." The Korean resident replied.

Ryan rolled his eyes, "Hahn said I could scrub in on her aortic bypass." Meredith then said, "And I really need to get to the clinic, I'm the only doctor on call." Izzie stated, "I've stacked it with nurses and I'm the only doctor on call and I've got administrative work—" Izzie then got cut off by Miranda's stare.

Making Izzie close her mouth, "Today is not about you. It is not about whose services you wish to be on, it's not about your career. This is about me." The women stated, "This is a project I've been working on for a long time, and it's very important to me, therefore it will be important to you." She told them all, "And the only way we can pull this thing off is if we work together as a team."

Miranda then looked at the interns, "So today you are not fifteen individual doctors, you are one team of surgeons representing this hospital." Dr Bailey explained, "Is everybody clear on that?" The interns and residents all nod their heads.

"Why would they need so many doctors for one surgery?" Meredith questioned as Bailey lead them towards a room, "Because it's not just one surgery, it's twelve surgeries," They all entered a room where there was twelve different patients, "Six kidney transplants in six ORs, all at the same time."

Ryan looked around, "Paired matched kidney donation." The shorter resident tells them, "It's a six-way swap, six people donate kidneys to total strangers, sox people get kidneys from total strangers." The women tells them.

Ryan's hands on his hips as he looked around where she then began to explain who was donating what kidney to who, "And so on. Why do you still look stupid?" The shorter residents tells them, "Maybe if we had a cheat sheet." Alex said.

Lexie and Ryan both looked at one another, "Ms Herman gives her kidney to Mr Wailing, His son's kidney to Mr Mercer—" Lexie started to say what Ryan then said, "Mr Mercer's wife gives hers to Ms Chen, Chen's sister gives her kidney to Mr Patel. Mr Patel's wife gives her kidney to Ms Loring, who came in with her cousin Ms Goles, who's giving her kidney to Mr Cross—" Ryan finished off with Lexie adding, "the professional flautist."