⁶ˣ²³. ˢᵃⁿᶜᵗᵘᵃʳʸ ˣ ⁶ˣ²⁴. ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃˡˡ ʰⁱˢ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ

season six, episode twenty-three and twenty-four

MASS SHOOTING

PAIN. That's all Ryan felt was pain. Pain that he had cause his sister and friends. The pain in his arm and stomach that made him feel numb and weak. The pain in his chest after seeing his brother-in-law get shot right in the chest.

____

Five Hours Earlier.

Ryan Grey had entered the elevator smiling when he saw Caitlin also inside the elevator with him, "Hey." He spoke when looking at the girl, "Hi." The two said as Caitlin looked at the Grey male stood in front of her, "Ryan, when you have a moment in the day, can we talk?"

"I have a few minutes before I need to do rounds," He admitted when meeting Caitlin's green eyes, "Where do you wanna go?" Caitlin let out a shaky breath, "Peds on-call room."

"Let me get change quick, then I'll come and meet you." Ryan said placing a kiss against the girl's cheek as Caitlin nods her head with a smile, "Ok." She said since she was already in her scrubs.

He entered the residence lounge where he saw his sister inside the room along with her person, Cristina Yang, "Ryan, can I talk to you?" The Grey male looked at his sister, "Can it wait? Caitlin needs to talk to me,"

"Ooh, male Grey is in trouble." Cristina teased.

Ryan gave his sister's best friend a look, sliding on his scrub top as he exited the lounge going towards the Peds on-call room Caitlin and Ryan usually occupy with their shenanigans, "Caitlin?"

He said when seeing the redhead sitting at the on-call room bed wiping her mouth, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked her, seeing Caitlin take a sip of her water and put a mint in her mouth, "Are you sick?"

Caitlin shook her head, "Ok, so what's wrong, Caitlin, I can't help you if you don't tell me what's going on," she claimed as Ryan looked at her, "I missed my period."

"Huh? Missed your period? What does that have to do—"

He stopped when realising what Caitlin was trying to tell him, "You're pregnant?" And when Caitlin nods her head, Ryan's stomach dropped, "How far long are you? How far?" He repeated to what Caitlin looked at the man she was having a baby with, "I did a pregnancy test, it came out positive."

"You're pregnant? Oh, my god. You're pregnant!" Ryan stands up from the bed pacing in front of Caitlin who watched him, "I was just telling you because you're the only reason I've been sleeping with. This baby is yours, Ryan." Caitlin said, watching Ryan ran a hand down his face, "I uh—"

When his pager went off, "I need to—I need to go." He exited the room not giving Caitlin a chance to say anything else, as the peds on-call room door closed behind him.